Chapter 8

Kaname had gotten back downstairs and sat on one of the empty couches. She leaned back and closed her eyes. "Fugiwara." Keisuke said.

"I told you, call me Kaname." She replied, not looking at him. She always hated be called by her last name.

"Right. Kaname." He said.

"Yes?" She said lifting her head with a smile, when she did she saw that Yooki and Yishu werent there.

"I was woundering..." He trailed off.

"Woundering what?" She asked.

"You know how there is that loose left turn then that sharp right turn?" He asked.

"Yeah. What about it?" She asked confused.

"Well I was woundering how you were able to take the sharp right so fast and not crash into the guard rail." He said. "My brother is the only other person I can think of that would be able to pull off such a move." He added.

"Well I don't exactly know what you mean, but it wasn't anything special. I was just driving like I usually do, trying not to spill the water." She said.

"What do you mean 'trying not to spill the water'?" He asked confused.

"Well, when i first started making deleveries for my dad five years ago-"

"You have been driving for five years! Aren't you only like 18?" He asked, cutting her off.

"Anyways..." She trailed off ignoring his question. "I broke the tofu one day so I had to come back and he had to make a new batch. He gave me a plastic cup full of water and told me that if i didn't spill it, the tofu wouldn't break." Little does Kaname know that her dad put guards in the trunk so the tofu won't break. "It was hard the first month, I spilt the water everywhere. My dad kept telling me to roll the water. I had no clue what he meant. But then I figured it out. I can roll the water on the rim of the cup and it won't spill. So both times that we raced, although the first time was not intended as a race, I was driving like usual. Trying not to spill the water. Although the second time my dad didn't give me a cup of water. He told me to have fun and 'play.' Whatever that was supposed to mean. So to answer your question. I really don't know. I took all the corners and hairpins last night just like I do every day."

"So your saying that both times you defeated Keisuke you were just driving like you do when you make your deleveries?" Ryosuke asked from the stairway.

"Hey bro. How long have you been here?" Keisuke asked.

"Since you asked her about the corners." He replied.

"Yes. That is what I'm saying." Kaname replied.

"Alright." Ryosuke said. So maybe if I practice with a cup of water and learn to roll it, then it might help me defeat her.

******

A few hours later it was time to roll up to Mount Akiga. Keisuke went in his FC, Ryosuke in his FD, and Yooki and Kaname went in Yishu's UCF10, Yishu driving.

"So what were you, Ryosuke, and Keisuke talking about?" Yishu asked.

"Nothing." She said. She doesn't really plan on staying in street racing, so she doesn't see a reason that everyone has to know that she and Keisuke raced.

"Alright." He said.

"Shit!" Kaname said.

"What?" Yishu asked looking at her funny.

"Yooki and I have school tomarrow. Oh god. You have to take us home now, my dad is so going to kill me. Im going to die. I love you Yooki!" She said.

"Your dad is not going to kill you." Yooki said laughing.

"Yours will! And we have to go back to Yishu's to get my dad's car!" She yelled.

"Alright alright." Yishu said and turned around.

He pulled out his phone and began talking to Keisuke.

Hey man I have to take them to my place to get their car and then I'll come back. They have to get back home.

That's right. Their still in highschool aren't they?

Yeah man.

Alright that's cool.

They said their byes and hung up.

**********

After dropping Yooki off she got home at about eleven.

"I know. I know." She said walking in. "I'm late." She finished.

She flicked on the lights and saw that her dad wasn't there. But there was a note.

Kaname,

Went drinking with some pals, be back by mourning for your deleveries.

Dad.

Was all it said.

"Thank god." She said and dropped the paper to the table.

_________________

Yishu's black UCF10