Chapter 6

It had been a few days since the beach and Iketani had heard where he could find the eight-six driver. His boss said that he knew the driver. The kiss between he and Kaname had blown over and they were talking. Iketani was heading to the Tofu shop to find the driver and ask him to race against the Takahashi brother. He pulled up and when he got out of the car he shut the soor securly. He entered the shop and rang the bell. No one answered so he rang it again.

"I'm coming." An elderly man said as he emerged from behind the curtain. He had a cigarrette in his mouth and was drying his hands off on a light blue towel.

"What do you want?" The man asked the teenager that stood in his shop.

"Fried tofu." He said. "Also, I was woundering if you would race for us sir. I heard that you are the fastest on the downhill here and we were just challenged by a really good team. Sir, we can't just let a bunch of outsiders come in here and beat us on our home turf. Please sir, please race for us." The kid begged.

"No." He said and handed the boy his food. "500 yen." The man said and held out his hand.

"Right." He handed the man the money. "I'll be back. I'm not giving up on you." He said and left.

Just in case the man doesn't race Iketani decided to try and improve his downhill time. He was improving well and was about to take on the five hairpins. Then he spotted a car. He swerved to move out of the way and lost control of his car. He spun out of control and smashed right into the guardrail. The other drive slammed on the breaks and got out of the car.

"What the hell kind of driving was that! Are you tryi-" He stopped when he saw the reck. "Hey kid, are you okay?" He asked worried. "Just hold on im going to call 9-1-1!" He shouted. He dialed and within a few minutes an ambulance pulled up.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A few days later he was allowed out of the hospital and went to the Tofu shop. He was staring at the eight-six when Kaname walks out. She was wearing a light purple tanktop, green shorts, and a pair of blue flip flops.

"Why are you standing out side of my house?" She asks him.

"You live here?" He asks and she nods. "Well I'm just getting some tofu." He said and walks inside the store as Kaname walks away.

"Sir. The race is tonight and I was hoping that you would race. Please Sir. You are our last hope." The kid begged once more.

"Look. If the car isn't there by ten, forget about it." The man said feeling guilty. His daughter had asked to take ther car sunday so she and her friend Yooki could go visit Yooki's brother, he had told her no because he needed the car, but he thinks it is about time she was in an actual race. He will even promise her a full tank of gas.

"Thank you sir!" He cried and ran out of the store before he changed his mind.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Where is he? The race starts in five minutes!" Kenji says scared.

"Looks like your going to have to take this one." Iketani tells him.

With the cars in place they begin to close the rode. "Hey there is a car coming. Should we let it through?" Someone asks through a cell phone.

"What kind of car is it?" Iketani asks.

"An eight-six." The guy replies.

"Let him through." Iketani says and hands the cell phone back to the guy. "Looks like you aren't racing after all." Iketani tells Kenji and he backs out of the spot.

"Thank god." Kenji says.

Down on the hill she turns the corner and a spectator speaks up. "That driver has some amazing technique. The way the back end came out of the corner was pretty amazing." He says.