𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎

| edited |

"Lets both get into the school, okay!"

"Of course!"

"That was a lie, wasn't it... (Y/n)?"

__iv__

Everything seemed out of place, distant and suddenly lopsided. You weren't sure why, but you had a hunch that it had to do with Izuku.

Sighing, you lean back on the bench, looking at the endless seams of leaves swaying along the gentle breeze. Shining sunlight through the small openings of leaves, it warms your face.

Where, did I go wrong?

Izuku... Izuku, oh Izuku. How did he get a quirk? Did it manifest late? Did he steal a quirk? How the FUCK did he take that zero-pointer down?

Frowning even further, you shake off the look and readjust your thinking. You glance over to the green haired boy, these questions had become nothing but insufferable. Annoying little bugs flying around your head, buzzing for answers you knew not. You weren't sure if your disappearances had taken a toll on your friend. If your lack of personal need had driven him to manifest a quirk in order to be with you. It made no sense. Absolutely no sense.

Turning away, you gave a heavy sigh, fiddling with your fingers. Maybe you can ask him, but he might not fully admit it. He's a flustered little bean, you wouldn't want to scare him away.

"Here, (f/f)..." Izuku hands you an ice cream cone, already licking his. You smile to him, happily taking the cold desert. You begin to lick it.

"So, Izuku." You began with a strained voice, rubbing shoulders with him. "You gotsa a quirk, hmmm, buddy?" You smirk to his direction, attempting to lay down a chill atmosphere before investing on your best friend. You watch a nervous glint coat his green eyes and a blush of embarrassment appear.

He chokes on some creamy delight, looking to you. "Uh, we can't talk here!" Is what he says.

——

"Listen very closely, (Y/n)." Izuku locks his bedroom door, looking to you with an almost threatening look. "You can't ever and I mean never utter a word about this to anyone else, got it!"

"Yup yup, got it!" You nod to him, smiling eagerly to finally know. Izuku glances to his All Might collection, nodding to himself as if he was rethinking this situation over.

He then inhales deeply and in the softest voice, he utters a sentence.

"All Might passed his quirk to me..."

And it was silent.

There was a dumb look on your face as you tilt your head, mentally questioning already. The fuck... where is he going with this?

"You don't believe me do you?" Izuku looks to the floor, flushed red. He fidgets a little, nervously sweating because of you. Of course, there was a large chance that you wouldn't believe him, but he trusted you with this. He trusted you with the most valuable piece of information he had.

"Like... transferred it?" You ask, already butt kicking your negative questions out the window. You needed to be here as you, for your friend. You knew this was valuable, you knew this was a secret so you were going to do all you can to keep his secret down your throat. Then, you decided to add something else.

"Like All Might fucking your mom or.... am I reading this wrong?"

And this question, oh did his face scrunch up. His eyes shutting close in absolute hell. "Why would you say that!" He throws one of his pillows at you, blushing as red as a beet. The pillow hits you right in the face, sending his reaction to stir up a hurricane of laughter. Your legs throwing back and forth against the chair and tears running down your face.

"N-no, I'm sorry bout that." You laugh, hunching over to catch your breath. Your hair falling over your face as you attempt to calm yourself, Izuku just sighs. His embarrassment no longer singing out loud. His cheeks remain pink but he wasn't so opposed to the idea of being the love child of All Might and his mother. He smiled, almost joyously at you.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to say anything." You sigh, sitting back up to look over at your friend. It felt nice to laugh like some witch in front of him. Especially since things weren't going so well with you. "How, how's your dad doing, though."

"He's doing fine... working, y'know." He plays with his fingers, looking at them with such interest. "But, enough about my dad. All Might transferred his quirk by having me eat a strand of his hair." He picks up a notebook on his bedside and flips through it. "Said his DNA would fix itself and merge with mine... everything else is science."

"His quirk, it's called One for All and there's this villain he fought with. All Might calls him All for One, though." And Izuku began with his rambling, completely making your heart jump to him. Eagerly listening and adding new ideas to whatever he had to say.

"All Might can only use his quirk up to a few hours, he has an injury." Izuku kept that injury to himself, no need to give away personal weaknesses about his idol. You respected that. "And he deflates!"

"Like a balloon?"

"N-no! Not like a balloon." His laugh made you smile, watching him with such admiration in your eyes and with love. He was incredibly smart, a lot smarter than what people give him credit for. "Like a second form, he has his civilian form and a hero one!"

"So he gets buff?

"Technically, yes..." and he went on and on and you were there to listen. No complaining about his fanboying or his frequent squealing, he was Izuku Midroyia, a quirkless wannabe.

And he became.

——

Izuku was a speacial person to you, a very loving green head who you were willing to put your life on the line to protect. Because not all heroes wore capes. You enjoyed that idea, the idea of his smile saving you from whatever spiral of negativity you had fallen in. So you were doing your best to do what he does.

But with his new quirk and sudden strength, it had seemed like All Might was doing his best to support your friend. It certainly was overwhelming when you heard from it from Izuku, but you couldn't just bark at him and limit his interactions with the number one hero. You knew All Might was his idol, you couldn't bear to take that away from him.

Sighing, you look at you hands and give a frustrating grunt.

You felt so horrible. Full of negative thoughts about this problem, you wanted to promise him the world. But what world can you envision yourself with him? It wasn't like the problem itself was the one at fault, it was you.

Loving someone who was on the other side... it was like looking in the mirror and screaming at your reflection. It was fruitless, impossible and unnecessary. You couldn't love him, not when your loveliness was washed away and all there was, was skin and bone rotting in sin.

"Some day I'll make it out of here."

Whether it be in hundred years or in centuries. You wanted to run to him, scream and cry for him. You wanted him to welcome you.

You just hope he waits for you.

_____

words : 1242
edited : 07/28/2019