Chapter 8

Warning: this chapter contains sexual abuse and/or inappropriate language. Read with caution.

• Justin's POV •

Alissa looked at her father with a blank expression on her face.

"I don't have a father." She spat.

My eyes widened.

"Alissa." I got up, walking over to her.

I grabbed her arm in an attempt to comfort her and she jerked it away.

"Don't." She warned, venom laced into her voice.

Now, in all my years of being best friends with lissa, i had never seen her this angry before and this wasn't good.

"You fucking dick." She screamed at her dad. "Abigail has to live the rest of her life knowing her dad-" she spat out the word dad as if it were a disease. "Touched her in places she shouldn't be touched. And you think its completely fine to saunter into my best friend's home and ask for forgiveness?" She was seething.

"Alissa," her father started. "I know i messed up and made a mistake-"

She cut him off. "No, buddy, you didn't mess up. You were fully sober and aware of what you were doing when I walked in on you that night. Hell, you had a sick fucking smile plastered on your face as you groped her. And she looked scared as hell, she had her eyes closed probably wishing it was all over soon. What?" She asked rhetorically. "Did her pink, sparkly shoes turn you on? Or was it her innocent 7-year-old face? Who knows what else you fucking did to her! You're a sick bastard. Get out." She pointed towards the door.

"Aliss-" her dad started for the billionth time.

I clenched my fists and walked up to him, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt.

"Did you not here her?" I looked him in the eye. "Or am i going to have to escort you out myself?" I seethed.

I easily pulled him into the air and waited for an answer.

"Y-yes, I'll go." He said breathlessly.

He scurried out and slammed the door on his way out.

I looked over to Alissa, concern filling my eyes.

"Are you okay?" My voice barely coming over a whisper.

She turned to me, brown hair shielded her face, but it was obvious she was on the verge of tears.

"No." She bit her lip, tears trailing down her cheek.

I opened my arms and gestured to her and she ran into them, collapsing into my chest.

Sobs wracked her entire body and tears engulfed her face.

I ran my hand over her back and said. "It's going to be okay.. Shhh... Everything will be alright."

She looked up into my eyes suddenly, eyes red.

"H-how?" She hiccuped.

"How what?" I cocked my head so I could look at her.

"How do you know e-everything is going to be alright?" She whispered.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

- Alissa's POV -

Fear:

Fear (fir) n. 1. Anxiety caused by real or possible danger, pain, etc.

Fear. That's exactly what I was feeling right now. I feared that Abigail would never get to live a normal life because of me. The more i thought about it, the more i tried not to break down.

"Are you okay?" Justin asked, voice barely coming over a whisper.

"No." I bit my lip, pathetic tears trailing down my cheeks.

Justin opened his arms and gestured me, and I ran into them, collapsing into my chest. That's when i finally broke my "i am a strong, independent girl" wall and just broke down in sobs that wracked my entire body. Justin's hand made soothing patterns on my back.

"It's going to be okay.. Shhh... Everything will be alright." Justin murmured.

I suddenly looked up into his face.

"H-how?" I hiccuped.

"How what?" Justin asked, cocking his head.

"How do you know e-everything is going to be alright?" I whispered.

No hope. No hope. No hope. No hope. I repeated over in my head.

Justin let out a laugh. "Because I know you."

"What?" I asked, shocked.

"Ali bear, I've known you literally since kindergarden. You are about the strongest person I've ever known, mentally and physically."

I just stared at him, willing him to continue.

"Do you remember when we used to wrestle and you used to beat me every. single. time?" He laughed.

I let out a laugh and nodded. Those were the innocent days. Oh boy, how i wished i had known what god had carved my path out to be, i probably wouldn't of wanted to grow up. Yet, we were all so eager to grow up. That was a joke, i laughed to myself.

"And when we made sand castles at the beach and right when I would finish you would hurdle yourself through the entire thing?"

I let out a laugh, smiling at the memory.

"I mean, i guess i was sort of wild back then." I sighed, winking at Justin.

"Sort of?!" Justin asked, shocked. "Sort of doesn't even cut close. You were crazy! You still are. That's what I like about you. You're a strong-willed person and once you set your mind on something, it gets accomplished."

I stared at him, his words rolling through my head.

He's right, i thought. I can't let something like this get in my way. Or Abigail's way, for that matter.

I got up and started pacing. Thoughts running through my head.

"I think..." I started. "I think i know what I'm going to do."

"Okay.." Justin looked at me.

"I obviously can't provide for Abigail fully. Im only 17 years old. But.." I said 'but' slowly. "My Aunt Kay can."

"What?" Justin asked, bewildered.

I turned to him, a grin spreading across my face.