Chapter 3

The girl Justin was fighting with stepped behind him, frightened. she backed up and then tripped over a laundry basket.

"Maybe I'll make you watch
your little friends die first."

He pointed the gun at my head.

I started hyperventilating.

Justin put a hand up, "Man, don't. I have your money. just put the gun away."

"Alright, now we're getting somewhere." He smiled, placing the gun back into the back of his jeans.

Abigail was standing in the bedroom doorway, about 3 seconds from crying.

I motioned to her and she ran over; I hugged her tightly.

Justin came back with a stack of money.

"Here, now get out."

The thug took his money, counted, then he left.

the black haired girl screamed, "What the hell was that? Are you doing drugs again? We could've died just then! Including that whore over there." she waved her hand at my direction.

I really wasnt affected by it, but you could tell it pissed Justin off.
"Get out of my house now."

His eyes were bloodshot, and the veins were popping out on his arms and his neck.

"Fine", the exotic woman screamed, "No more chances, we are through."

She  proceeded to flip him off and slammed the door on her way out.

Justin walked over to me, obviously embarassed by her behavior. "I'm so-"

"Don't apologize," I replied, "I shouldn't have come intruding into your house. I mean, I caused you and her to breakup, I'm so sorry.." I breathed in deeply, trying to resist the pricking at the edge of my eyes, my tears threatening me to blink.

I think the tears were an after shock of what I'd just experienced.

A sad smile played on my lips,
"Besides, I shouldn't have dumped my problems on you in the first place."

Justin grabbed my shoulders obviously angry about something i said, "Ali, you dont get it, do you? You never got it. Wow, as if it wasn't obvious. I have been completely and immorally in love with you. You.. You.. You are such a beautiful soul, and everyday we spend together, i just keep falling in love with you. Over and over again. i didnt experience love with her. But with you, it feels like a drug... the drug is you, and im becoming more addicted to it everyday. I love every single piece about you. The way your hair falls when you let it down, the sun on your face on a warm day, the way your eyelashes flutter when you're sleepy. And i just wanted you to know that im madly in love with you."

My eyes were wide.

I couldn't think.

My brain had literally gone blank whereas my bestfriend since kindergarden just gave me a speech about how he was madly in love with me.

I should say something.

No.

I'd end up saying something ridiculous. So I whispered, "give me a moment, will you?" I found the nearest couch and collapsed on it with a heavy thud.

Was the room spinning?

Why was i seeing two Justin's?

And that was when everything went black and all i heard was a cushioned thud and justin yelling "ALI"