27 | Moving On

Up - Olly Murs feat. Demi Lovato

27 | Moving On

Sorry this is so late. School sucks. Because I'm so late, you're going to see me updating my other stories today too :)

***

"He totally asked you out," Bree says, spinning her spoon around in her cup. Molly rolls her eyes, completely unconvinced. "Don't deny it. What you just said literally described a guy nervously asking a girl he likes out."

"But I heard he was trouble!" Molly exclaims, a bit too loud. She receives a few dirty looks from some older people. Grace, the owner of our now regular coffee show, sends a glance our way. Molly sinks in her chair, embarrassed by the amount of attention she's suddenly getting.

"All the best ones are." Bree sends her a wink. I pinch my lips together to stop myself from laughing at Molly's reaction. She can be quite adorable sometimes.

"That's it! Can we move on now?" Molly asks, with a hint of desperation in her voice. I understand why she wants to leave the subject where it is - talking about her own boy troubles can be a scary thing for people who are more reserved, who have never experienced anything like it before. I remember when I first got into a relationship with Max - I was freaking terrified of everything. Everything was new, different.

Molly had reiterated to us her experience with some guy who claimed he liked her. She seems scared of accepting his date because of his reputation. Apparently, he doesn't have the best image for dating girls.

Reluctantly, Bree leans back into her chair and shuts her mouth.

A comfortable silence settles between us. Molly looks deep in thought, with her eyebrows furrowed and her lips slightly apart. Bree appears to have found amusement in watching two toddlers fight whilst I watch a young couple.

The two teenagers look like they are sixteen, maybe seventeen. By their awkward, closed body language, I'm assuming this is their first date. Whilst they look uncomfortable, I can see the love in their eyes.

The boy murmurs something to the girl, eagerly awaiting her answer. When she replies, I notice how he hangs off every single word she says. It's the sweetest thing I have seen.

Once upon a time, I had a guy like that. Things happened between us and we realized that before getting together, we need to discover ourselves. Going our different ways is a great idea. I need time where I need to focus on myself and not a boy. I need to find out what I want. Even if he's what I want.

He needs to do the same. He needs to decide what he wants.

What a true story. In reality, most things don't end up like a Disney story where the princess falls in love with the prince and they live happily ever after. This is the real world, not the cartoon world.

And I'm happy with my decision. Well, almost happy. A part of me is still nagging, pushing me the other way. The way back to Max. But I did the right thing.

"You okay there?" Molly asks me, gazing at the couple I'm looking at and then me. Her dark brown eyes show worry in them - for me.

I blink. "Yeah."

"Are you sure about that?" She arches an eyebrow.

"I am. I was just lost in thought." I tell her, hopefully convincing her that I'm telling the truth.

Molly gives me a skeptical look. Ever since I declared Max and I are going to...distance ourselves from each other, Molly has been by my shoulder, waiting for me to break down. As flattering as it is to know she's ready to be there for me, I also feel a tad bit hurt that she doesn't believe I'm strong enough to get over this.