10 | Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Cold

Just Give Me A Reason - P!nk feat Nate Ruess

10| Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Cold

Remember to vote and comment if you like the chapter!

***

"Okay, so maybe we shouldn't do this." Molly comments, nervously biting her lip as she observes the car we are planning to destroy.

Bree waves her hand in a dismissive manner. "Nah, I think he deserves this. What do you think Ava?"

I don't immediately reply, my mind too focused on Max's car in front of me. I'm so going to be killed if my parents find out about that I even planned to do this.

"Uh..." I trail off, unsure of how to answer. On the one hand, it did feel good. Really good. But...on the other hand, I'm be murdered for this. My parents are going to flip, kill me by accident and then will invite the wrong people to the funeral. I bet they will even put the wrong flowers out and they will probably end up going down to the local pub to 'celebrate' my life.

You may think I'm overreacting but I'm not. Really, I'm not.

"Well," I clear my throat, "it would be nice to get revenge but you see...the thing is...I don't want to get in trouble."

Bree gives me a look of disbelief whilst Molly raises her hand up as if to say 'thank you for making sense.'

"Oh come on! What's the chance of your parents finding out?" Bree raises an eyebrow.

"Pretty high," I mutter with a sigh. My parents were really good friends with their parents and I bet if they saw each other again, they would rekindle it. Thus, they talk and walla, my parents find out.

"How would they find out?" Molly curiously asks me.

"They're really good friends with Max's parents," I tell her. Molly's mouth makes an 'o' shape whilst Bree kicks a pebble on the ground.

"Well then...maybe we shouldn't?" Molly unsurely glances at me and then Bree. Personally, I want to do more than reck Max's car but I don't want my parents finding out. They might finally send me to that Switzerland school that Aunt Rosie was always going on about.

"It's up to Ava, after all, it will affect her the most." Bree shifts the attention to me. Now, I have been known to be that person who makes the worst decisions. So, for me to be the one to decide what happens is not a good idea. I don't think the decision being revenge on the guy who broke my heart and messed me up should be something I decide.

I really, really want to get some payback but I'm also terrified of the effects. Do I want to take the revenge?

Yes? No? Yes? No?

Yes.

"Let's do this," I say determinedly, my eyes staying on the vehicle.

Bree squeals whilst Molly sucks in s breath anxiously. I know this isn't her thing and she won't want to back out in fear of humiliation but I don't want to be that friend who puts peer pressure on other friends. I'm not that type of person.

"Hey Mol," I whisper to her whilst Bree starts getting the fish out. "You sure you want to do this? I'd understand if you wanted to leave, Bree too."

Molly bits her lip, glancing at the car and me. She has an apprehensive look on her face, as she starts running a hand through her dark hair. "I want to do this, for you."