Like it was yesterday Part 2

"No of course not! Of you not liking me back." He admitted blushing. "You like me?" She asked incredulously. Keefe nodded. She hugged him and whispered in his ear, "I like you too." She could feel Keefe's smile against her back. They held each other there for sometime before getting interrupted  by Biana again. But this time there were tears in her eyes. "Sophie, it's Grady."

Sophie let go of Keefe and started running towards her house with Biana and Keefe behind her. When she arrived she saw all the councillors surrounding a Edaline weeping on the floor. Keefe grabbed her hand and squeezed tight. "What's going on?!? Where's Grady?!?" Oralie stepped forward. "Sophie we need to talk," she glanced at Sophie and Keefe's entwined hands, "Bring Keefe too, if you want."

Sophie reluctantly followed Oralie while holding on tight to Keefe's hand. Oralie stopped walking, "Sophie, the other day there had been a sighting of Fintan,"she paused. "What?!? Why didn't we go get him?!" Sophie asked. "We did," Oralie continued, "we asked Grady to come and see if he could mesmerize Fintan into getting cuffed by a new gadget we had made that takes away ones ability."

"So like my circuit?" Sophie asked grimacing from the memory.

"Exactly but for the hands instead. Grady was doing well but what we didn't know was that Fintan has brought his own Mesmer and the only other enchanter other than you, Sophie." Keefe squeezed Sophie's arm and sent gentle waves towards. Sophie didn't realize she was shaking. "No" she whispered.
Oralie continued, "Fintan's Mesmer made Grady cuff himself instead and then," Oralie was crying now and so was Sophie, she knew where this was going.
"And then, Fintan burned Grady alive."

The it was like everything stopped, and then started spinning, faster and faster. Sophie stumbled back and Keefe caught her in his arms. "no, no, no, no." Sophie kept whispering.

She looked at Keefe searching his eyes to show that this was all a big joke and Grady would appear at any second. But Keefe has tears in his eyes and shook his head slowly. "Foster," Keefe whispered in her ear, "You have to breath." Sophie didn't realize she had stopped breathing. Then slowly the spinning stopped and she burst in to tears, finally accepting fate.

Time skip to the day of the funeral

"Morning Foster!" Keefe came in and kissed Sophie on the cheek. They had just recently became a couple and when Keefe asked for Sophie to be his girlfriend, she was reluctant at first but figured that it would take her mind of the whole Grady situation. They had been inseparable since. And since Edaline had gone into a mood where she never responded or got up except to attend her needs, Keefe acted as a parent and helped them both cope with the loss, he would wake Sophie up every morning and get breakfast ready for the two of them. Sophie was really grateful, she didn't deserve this but she accepted and made her best try to help him with chores.

Keefe hugged Sophie, "Ready for the big day?" He whispered.

"I guess." She whispered. It had been four months since Grady's death and today was the planting. So, slowly she got out off bed and walked towards the closet to get her dress. She had thought of dressing in green but realized that it was the councilors fault for his death so she wore black, like she would at a funeral. Keefe was wearing green however and so was Edaline, but Sophie didn't mind. So they walked out the door and leaped to the Wandering Woods. (I think that's what it's called).

~~~~~~~

"We are gathered here today, to celebrate a noble gentle men who just so unfortunately has passed." Emory cleared his throat, "He was often known as the man who ran the pastures but he was much more. Sophie would you like to add anything?" Emory asked, knowing well that Edaline would not speak. Sophie stood up and walked forward to address the millions of elves that had come here today.

"Even though I had only known him for a couple years, Grady Ruewen has been an amazing elf who had taught me so much about the elven world. He would always crack jokes and smile, and be concerned when something was wrong with me. He was a loving father and and amazing husband and he would have wanted us to be happy even after his passing. He left this beautiful world too soon and I miss him every day. I still remember the day I first came to our house. He was nervous and his hands were shaking but he was polite and welcomed me in cracking jokes every now and then. I soon grew to adore him and I got comfortable being near him and having him as my guardian. I feel like it was yesterday that he gave me the Ruewen crest to wear to school. I love him so much and I hope he knows we love him dearly." With that she stepped back and grabbed onto Keefe's arm as she watched Edaline plant the seed.

A/N sorry this took me so long to write, I just had to take a break form Wattpad a little and get my inspiration back but I'm back. Yayyyy. Sorry I now this wasn't a lot of sokeefe fluff but I tried. Thanks for reading and stay Gucci!