Lucky 13nth -pt.6-

Finally dawn struck the bloodied skies over New Hope, the battered and beaten men and women of the Tolerian "lucky" 13th company and the remnants of the 8th Varaician had held the armory through the long night. The heretic blitzkrieg had slackened and lost its momentum, whatever remnants of the armored strike force now roamed the village hungry for bloodshed and carnage. The golden rays warmed Commissar Dynello's blackened face, and filled his being with an overwhelming sense of righteous vigor. But the sun did not speak to the rest of the defenders of New Hope like it did to Dynello, the battle worn men and women took the peace as a time to ready themselves for the next wave. The attack on the village struck only hours after the soldiers settled in for the night, depriving them of proper amounts of rest. Even Dynello noticed the cries of pain and burning sensations in his own muscles. 

     Commissar Dynello turned and observed his war torn comrades, their motor skills slow and inaccurate. The moral of the defenders was beginning to be stretched as well, a good number of casualties were taken on the defenders side. Former friends and companions were now claimed by the defense of New Hope. The outlook for many of the surviving soldiers becoming rather grim and dread filled. Dynello suddenly realized what need to be done if he were to capitalize on the enemies lack of pressure. 

     He limped into the communications array finding Lieutenant Kolma and her command squad guarding a panicked Corporal Jaymar as he franticly tried to keep the ancient locator beacon from shutting down it's systems. The lieutenant noticed the commissars mounting wounds and went to him feeling that she needed to help him.

     " Commissar Dynello, your wounds, let me tend to them." Kolma said sympathetically as she tried to aid Dynello 

     " Lieutenant, your aid is not necessary. So long as there is air my lungs I will fight on for the Imperium on my own." He said coldly as he pushed away the Lieutenant and limped on.

     " But Commissar, your wounds?" She said confused in what had just happened.

     Dynello turned annoyed by Kolma's constant pestering. " Young girl! I have been fighting the enemies of the Imperium for longer than you have been alive. My wounds mean nothing." The commissar said in a stern commanding voice "  Accepting your help would be an insult to not only to my duties as an officer of the Commissariat, but an insult to my home world of Toleria and the Lucky 13th itself." 

     He turned and started to limp back over to the vox-caster network panel, leaving Kolma bewildered by his icy words. He used the panel for as a crutch leaning on it as he searched for the vox-transmitter. It caught his eye and he snatched it up in a hurried swoop and began to speak into it, " Enemies of the Imperium, you have come here to die. I am Commissar Dynello Kayel in command of the 13th Tolerian Death Corp, our soldiers will strike you down. Our war machines will crush you under their treads. Our mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you. You cannot win."

     " Because we are the 13th Tolerian Death Corps and today is our victory day!" Dynello announced proudly over all the surrounding vox-channels.

     The inspired words of Commissar Dynello reached out to the dread filled soldiers holding the armory's perimeter filling them with vigorous zeal and a renewed reserves of fury and hatred towards the heretic forces. The commissar proudly stood himself up straight against the control panel and left the communications array with a sense of accomplishment in his mind. Once outside he found broken squads of troopers carrying away the wounded, able bodied men carried in new crates of fresh ammunition dispersing it amongst the groups of guardsmen. Officers barked they're orders over the constant pounding of military issue combat boots against the pavement. Dynello worked his way through the crowd until he found Lieutenant Merick issuing orders of his own and pulled him aside.