Lucky 13nth -pt.1-

He emerged from the crash, strips and chunks of fuselage from the destroyed drop ship were thrown in and around the field. It was night on this planet now time to go to work,

     " Sound off!" Donell yelled as he unclipped his combat pistol from its holster.

     Three fourths of the company had responded to the order some without a scratch on them, others missing limbs, those that didn't respond were pronounced dead.

     " Jaymar! Status report" Donell said as he inspected his companion boot knife.

     " Squads three, six, and twelve were lost in the crash, the pilots are both dead, and C-platoon is cut down to half strength" He replied as he pulled a auspex scanner out from his chest rigging. " My initial scans show that we're three and a half clicks from where we were supposed to land, and who ever shot our drop ship down is closing in on our current  position"

     Donell fell onto one knee and peered down to his wrist chronometer the flames of the crash gave it a bright orange wash, " I don't have the time for this." He realized in his thoughts 

     " Marick, B-platoon is to move the wounded off this field and into that tree line now" Donell ordered " Drayon, gather up your remaining medics and preform a triage. Anybody not fit to fight you will have to kill, Everyone else pull the tags off your dead and form up we have to get off this killing field." 

     The grim reality of the task at hand finally hit Drayon as he watched the wounded soldiers of his company get carried into the underbrush of the forest. Most of these men were his friends, the perks of being a medical officer in the corp he supposed. You do get to meet everyone allot faster and easier as one, the only problem with it this is having to decide who will live and who you can't save. Drayon could remember every soldier he had ever treated in his military career, he also remembered the soldiers he couldn't save. His dreams were filled with the faces of lost soldiers he failed to keep from for death, he had failed them and only blamed himself for it.

     " Sir? Sir are you okay?" a Marick questioned as he shook Drayon from his morbid reverie.

     " What do you have to report son?" Drayon replied painting a false smile on his face.

     " Lieutenant Marick, B-platoon" He introduced himself with a salute " All the wounded are here"

     " Is that so?" Drayon said as he looked down to the rows of men in stretchers, " I haven

't enough morphine for those soldiers we won't be able to treat"

     " Pour bastards, they won't even have the pleasure of dying on the line." Marick said as he racked the slide of his pistol

     The gesture made Drayon uneasy, surely the man standing in front of him didn't just state he was planning on shooting his own men, the very same men that he served with on countless campaigns. But before he let his thoughts get the best of him Marick handed the pistol off to a soldier who had lost his own rifle in the crash.

     " Make this quick Drayon, Captain Donell whats at least a hundred meters between us and the crash site before the natives start getting curious" Marick stated 

     " I will do my best." Drayon plainly stated.

 ___________________________________________________________________________

Okay I felt like starting this story  leave a comment about how you feel about it if you have so writing advice i would be glad to get some feedback or like it and I'll probably keep writing the story in other notes Alright thanks guys  

_____________________________________________________________________________