chapter 5

the next morning, dad and i took it upon ourselves to make sure all the walkers from last night were dead. we're not taking any chances.
he decided to use an axe and i just stuck with my bow.

one by one, we struck their brain just to make sure they were gone for good. others just stood by and watched us. they were all still processing last night.

i don't think any of them have been through shit like that. i'm honestly glad that i have. because of that i knew how to handle the situation properly. and that's important.

i know how to survive. i know how to take care of myself. i know how to deal with shit like this. i know how to handle this new world. that's why i'm going to survive this hell. and i'll do whatever it takes.

glenn and t-dog drug off the bodies once dad and i made sure they were dead. we were going to burn all the corpses. "y'all can't be serious. that dead girl over there can be a real danger to all of us. get rid of it before it becomes a threat" i said to rick and the rest of the group that was there.

"i'm starting to see the resemblance now" shane muttered. "you better ain't be talking shit about my girl" dad said going over to him. i grabbed onto his arm and pulled him back.

"take the shot. clean in the brain from here. hell, rae and i can hit a turkey in between the eyes from this distance." dad said to rick. that's the truth.

"no. for god's sake just let her be" lori said in an annoyed tone. dad scoffed and turned and walked away. i followed him.

"bunch of pussies" i murmured once i got to his side. "language" dad muttered. "seriously?" i said looking over at him as he cracked a small smile.

we then returned to our original job. disposing of the dead walkers from last night. dad and morales started dragging one of our people towards the fire.

i was standing next to glenn. "we don't burn them! we bury them." glenn yelled at dad. dad looked over at me. i shook my head no. she sighed and started dragging the soft towards the graves that him dug. "thanks" glenn said softly. i nodded.

dad then started yelling at them for leaving merle. honest to god dad was being an ass hole. "dad" i yelled over top of him. he gave me a glare at then went back over to the walker.

"reagan get your ass over here and help me" he said started to drag the body. i jogged over and helped him.

jaqui then started to make a fuss. apparently jim got bit. well that sucks. dad went over and i followed him.

"show it to us" he ordered. jim didn't listen. "show it to us!" dad yelled acting like he was going to hit him with the axe.

jim went over and got a shovel to defend himself. dad and jim then started yelling at eachother. t-dog went over to jim and grabbed him. dad then ran over and pulled jim's shirt up to reveal a bite. i sighed.

"i'm okay" jim started repeating over and over again. dad put his hand on my shoulder. he just wants to be careful.

we all gathered around in a circle to decide on what we are going to do with jim. i stayed by dads side. "i say we put a pick axe through his head. along with the dead girl. be done with it" dad suggested. honestly that's probably the easiest way.

"is that what you want if it were you?" shane questioned. "yeah, i'd thank you while you did it" dad responded. he's such a smart ass. but i love him for it.

"i hate to say it, and i never thought i would, but maybe daryl's right." dale said. my dad knows shit. people should listen to him more often.

i stayed out of the rest of the conversation cause i know if they're not gonna listen to my dad, they sure as hell ain't gonna listen to me. they were discussing the c.d.c..