ii. | T H I R T E E N

N E R I S S A

An insistent knocking on our door jolts me awake and Peter groans beside me.

"Open up!" Edmund's voice yells from the other side, sounding panicked.

"What in the world's going on?" Peter grumbles as he untangles his limbs from mine before pulling a random shirt on and stalking towards the door and throwing it open.

"Get dressed. We have to get to the Stone table room."

"What? Why?" I asked, throwing the blankets off me and pulling myself out of the comfort of our bed.

"It's Caspian." Is all he has to say before I'm rushing around the room and collecting my things and Peter does the same, "Nikabrik's using him to summon the White Witch."

I curse under my breath, before racing for the door, only to have Peter hold me back.

"Nerissa, are you sure you're up for this?" He asks, "You should stay. We'll go instead."

The look on his face kills me. He's constantly worrying about me that he isn't getting much sleep. Tonight was one of the few that he'd managed to fall asleep before me.

"Peter, he's my brother."

"We'll take care of him, I promise." He says.

"I'm going." I shoot Peter an apologetic look as I follow Edmund out the door.

I hear Peter curse under his breath behind me, before rushing after us. 

My heart was threatening to thump out of my chest as we make a mad dash to the Stone room, passing rows of torches that lined the hallway.

I could hear muffled voices as we neared the Stone room, making my stomach twist uneasily.

"Wait, this isn't what I wanted." Caspian's voice floats down the hallway, making me pick up my speed.

As I finally make it to the Stone room, I spot my brother who stood in the middle of it. Before him was a slab of ice and the White Witch's ghostly figure looked as if she was suspended in it.

Nikabrik stood alongside Caspian, and with them were creatures that I haven't seen in ages- a werewolf and a hag.

"Just one drop of Adam's blood and you free me." I hear the Witch say, "Then I'm yours, my King."

Caspian hesitates, taking a step back, but the werewolf reaches out and snatches

"Caspian!"

Rushing forward, I unsheathe my sword just as the werewolf crawls over the Stone table and leaps towards me. Slashing my blade out, I manage to nick the werewolf, who falls to the ground whimpering.

However, it quickly regains itself before circling me. I follow its movements carefully, watching as it prowls around me, ready to pounce at any moment.

I notice the others join the fight from the corner of my eyes with Trumpkin in tow. Good. The more the better.

Relief fills my chest as I see Peter knock Caspian away from the White Witch, who was dangerously close to getting what she wanted. I watch on, just in case Peter needed my help, all while keeping a close eye on the werewolf who was still circling me like I was its next prey.