ii. | F I V E

P E T E R

We've found an area to set up a campfire and get some rest. After traveling through Glasswater, Lucy almost getting attacked by a rogue bear, getting lost in the Black woods and another incident with Lucy where she thought she saw Aslan, some sleep was much needed.

I'm drawn out of my slumber by the sound of twigs snapping. I opened my eyes slowly, squinting to shield them from the morning sun. Rising my head and glancing around, I mentally do a body count, only to find that we were one short. Lucy.

I exhaled sharply making sure to grab Rhindon before jumping to my feet, thus, commencing my search for my youngest sister.

Thankfully, it doesn't take long for me to spot the head of long brown hair that unmistakably belonged to Lucy. Unfortunately, she doesn't spot the minotaur looming before her and steps forward. Her lips curling into a smile.

"Aslan?"

I rush forward to grab her, slapping a hand over her mouth before she could make another sound.

Lucky for us, the minotaur continues forward, unbeknownst to our presence.

I bring a finger to my lips, signalling for Lucy to stay silent before drawing my sword and starting to creep forward- heel first, then toes- just as how Nerissa taught me.

Just as I was about to bring my sword down on the minotaur, a sword shoots out and collides with mine.

I stumble back, the sudden attack taking me by surprise. A boy, about my age with raven hair, wields the sword, meeting me blow for blow as we continued to exchange attacks.

Taking another swing I disarm him quickly before taking the opportunity to swing again, but the boy ducks and sword sinks into the trunk of the tree.

I try tugging on my sword, but it doesn't budge. Searching the area, I pick up a large rock intending to hit my attacker over the head when Lucy's voice stops me.

"No!"

I noticed that he had managed to free my sword, holding it over his head menacingly. It was only when I started looking around when I noticed that we were surrounded, by Narnians.

I look at the boy standing in front of me before the pieces click into place. Between what the dwarf- whose name we've learned is Trumpkin- had told us, it was all starting to make sense.

"Prince Caspian?" I guess.

"Yes, and who are you?" He asks.

Before I get the chance to reply, Susan's voice yells, "Peter!"

We turn to see Susan, Edmund, and Trumpkin run up to us with Lucy in tow. When he looks back at me, his eyes light up with realisation.

"High King Peter?"

I let out a sigh, standing down, "I believe you called."

"Well, yes, but I...I thought you'd be older." He says.

"Well, if you'd like, we could come back in a few years."