Chapter 6 - Soul

It's been two years since I updated?!
Nonsense!

-----

Kairi hadn't picked anything for you yet, but finally settled on a dress for herself. It was pink and went down to her mid thigh, and had long sleeves. The entire thing was covered in pick floral lace, and suited her perfectly. She twirled in front of you while you applauded along with showering her with compliments and only stopped when her phone started to play music. It vibrated loudly, and she sighed before even moving to answer it. The lyrics were Korean, and five different voices bounced off the rooms walls. You thought about it for a moment.
"Lucifer?" You raised your head from your suitcase. Kairi was dancing along to some guys that would randomly say the word Lucifer. She gave you a grin before finally answering her phone.
"Moshi mosh- Xion?" Kairi stopped in her steps. You pulled out a plain white strapless dress just as the rooms atmosphere changed. The redhead grabbed the roomkey and put her hand on the doorhandle. She turned to look at you, and spoke in an a rushed voice.
"You can follow Tifa and Aqua to dinner, I have to take care of something." With that she almost ripped the door off it's hinges opening it, and closed it fiercely. You were dumbfounded to say the least. You pulled the dress on, your black converse too and grabbed your phone. Just as you sat down on the bed and contemplated what to do, you heard the card slot into the door. You stood up, "Kairi!"

"Do I look like a strawberry head to you?" Aqua stepped in the room with a soft smile. Tifa was behind her and you pushed the disappointing feeling in your stomach away.
Laughing you shook your head, "No, sorry. Kairi panicked and took off for some reason." They exchanged baffle looks before Tifa walked over to her own suitcase(s).
"Maybe you should go after her? We'll text you when dinners starting." Tifa pulled out a black dress and heels.
After pausing, you nodded before swiftly leaving the room. You couldn't sit in silence while those two went on. And you couldn't sit there while your friends had a emergency of sorts. Voices filled the hallway as people talked excitedly in their rooms while you walked away. As much as you just wanted to ignore the situation at hand, Kairi needed your attention. If the roles had been switched she would surely tend to you before herself. The urgency in Kairi's voice and her complete mood switch frightened you. She seemed so happy, an uncontainable happy since the moment you woke up. This was the first time you could recall seeing her without a smile.
Maybe she just wanted you to think that way. Perhaps everything wasn't as perfect as it seemed. A feeling of anxiety and dread came over you, that you really just wanted to ignore. Which you knew wasn't right. You really had to stop thinking the easy option was what you wanted. You wanted to do right.
'I'll find Kairi, and everything will be okay again. I'm being silly.' You nodded to yourself and moved to tuck some hair out of your eyesight, but suddenly collided with something. Or, someone.

"Whoa, sorry!" A deep, sexy, hella sexy voice, said very close to your ear. You stumbled back looking up in shock. Another silverett. His hair was styled differently, almost like he usually wore a headband. And his eyes were red with droopy eyelids. You watched his toughened hands straighten up his tie. Tie. He was in a suit, black and red to be exact.
"You okay?" He spoke again. The stranger was so naturally attractive, yet he seemed so casual and laid back from the get go.
"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Sorry." You blushed a little. His stare was a little intimidating. "Just lost in my head, haha."
"That's okay! If I can help with any-" he stopped speaking. You raised an eyebrow, was he okay?
"I think I know you." The very attractive boy put his face a little close to yours. You gave him an unsure look, almost certain he was wrong. "Are you that girl Zack mentioned a few days ago? Just woke up?"
"Oh." Your shoulders relaxed immediately. You nodded with a small embarrassed smile. He returned with a large smile.
"I'm Soul! Happy for ya." Then he was gone, with nothing but a wink and pat on the head.