Abyss [KH/FF] - Prologue

There's nothing more scary, to be perfectly honest. Everything around you was blank. Your vision, hearing, feeling, sense of smell, just nothingness. The only thing you could possibly feel was a tinge of fear, stirring at the bottom of your stomach then shooting right up to your throat before you blacked out.
____________________

Singing along to the Beatles, your parents shamelessly swayed side to side as they drove out of town. Pulling your hood up you prayed no one saw this horrific scene as you placed your hands over your ears and lay down in the backseat.

"[Name] honey, is something wrong ? Would you like to join in?" your mother turned around in her seat. She had long soft blonde hair that framed her petite face nicely. Always a frail woman, your father had won her over with dozens and dozens of roses and boxes of chocolates.

Shaking your head you mumbled something about being tired, and your mother turned back to singing.
Your family was going on a European tour. After staying in Italy for a month your three person parade decided to pack up and drive to France. Europe being small enough to drive across, of course.

The car trips started all the same. Your parents bursting out in the song for the first few hours, while you lay in the back seat trying not to die of embarrassment. This trip was different. You could feel it in the bottom of your stomach. Even when you left the apartment, even when you paid for new earphones at the garage station, even when you had to negotiate with your father why your precious playstation had to be in the bag with the pillows. In the end you won, and also got to keep your copy of kingdom hearts in your bag pack. But in the end you still felt uneasy.

Reaching over you sat up and pulled your backpack onto your lap taking out a few favourite things. Pulling out your iPod you placed your earphones in your ear and began to play Utada Hikaru. 'The fault in our stars' by John Green was dog eared, it had been read many many times. But right now was not that time. That went back in the bag. Finally you pulled out the box. The one item you would die without. The blue box containing kingdom hearts. Cradling it to your chest, you felt content enough to lie back down and drift off to sleep.

----

Everything was foggy when your dad shook you awake. It was around three o clock in the afternoon and he had pulled over at a random restaurant on the road. "[Name], c'mon lets go get a bite to eat."

Letting the game drop out of your hands you sat up and hazily followed your parents into the building. Seated in a booth seat, you did all you could to fix the bed hair you had gained. Picking up a menu you lazily licked your lips and did nothing to widen your half closed eyes. Your sighing mother sat across from you as she poured a glass of orange juice and slid it across the table to you.
"Wake up, we'll be here for a while."

Oh how wrong was she. The sick feeling in your stomach started to turn to fear as no waitress came over to serve you, or anyone for that matter, and your father was still MIA. To make matters worse, the place was starting to smell like smoke. The orange juice was long gone by the time you had woken up, and then your father stumbled into sight.

"We've got to get out of here," he was coughing. "And quick." Grabbing your hand, you were yanked out of the booth by one parent and pushed out of the building by another. As you were ushered towards the car, despite your parents efforts to distract you, you looked back. Let me tell you, it was like hell.

Flames, everywhere. As far as the eye could see. The mountains, covered. Cars, people, animals, grass, all wrapped and burning in their own blanket of fire. Smoke? So much of it it looked like a black twirling tornado coming together towards the sky. Then your hearing kicked in. People were screaming. Not just the normal scream you were used to, but the type of blood churning scream where you felt someone was just in so much pain. It made you want to run to them, but also run from them. Then your mothers scream was heard as she grabbed your shoulders and begged you to get into the car. Nodding you turned and slipped into the back seat. With your father behind the wheel of the car, your mother got in the passenger seat and as soon as the door closed, he slammed his foot down.

But instead of the fear dying, it grew and grew into something much bigger. As the car swerved from right to left and your parents constant shouting, sick started to build up. "Too much orange juice," you mumbled with your head in your hands. And that was the last thing that you remember feeling, hearing, saying and touching.

It was all nothingness. One last swerve, and nothing. Floating, but you don't feel it. There's nothing more scary, to be perfectly honest. Everything around you was blank. Your vision, hearing, feeling, sense of smell, just nothingness. But then it came. And you were never able to react quicker, but you moved your left hand for what felt like the first time in forever.

-{End Prologue}-