Chapter 2||Meeting People

Dipper's POV:

Its my third year coming to Gravity Falls, Oregon. My first year here, there was.. quite uh odd things that happened. Mabel and I had to wait a year for Ford and Stan to get back from the trip. But, last year, nothing really happened. Mabel and I just went on adventures, and Grunkle Stan and Ford told us about their adventures while on the 'Stan o War'. But now we are 16 years old, back in the same town that we come to every summer.

I'm working at the cash register for Stan, because once Ford and him got back from their trip, Soos let Stan back in charge. Mabel and I still stay in the attic; she got settled in faster then I did, but at least it gives off memories. I'm still in thought as Wendy walks over to me. "Hey dude, whatcha thinkin about?" I look at her, and shrug. "Nothing, I guess." She nods, and leans on the wall. "I can take over the cash register if you restock..." I look at her. She knows I like restocking. I nod, and start walking to the boxes on the floor.

Your POV:

After I explored the whole 'shop', I headed over to the gift area. As I was looking through some postcards, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around slightly confused. The person who tapped my shoulder was a girl, who looked about my age, with a grey sweater and a purple skirt. "Oh! Hey I saw you from that globe over there and decided we should be friends." She said pointing to the globe a few feet away. I laughed slightly at her remark. "Y'know, I could use some new friends. I'm (Y/n), and I just moved here."

"I new I didn't recognize you! Anyways, I'm Mabel, you wanna go hang out for a little??" I smile and nodded. She then grabbed my hand and dragged me to a door with a sign that said 'do not enter' on it. "You sure we can go back there? I mean its not like we're employees or anything.." I said stopping her before we went past the door. "Pfft- My Grunkle owns the place silly! Of course we can go in there." She then began to open the door, but then got cut off again.

"Mabel. Remember the last time you took a customer back into Stan's house? It didn't end well." I turned around on my heel to where I heard the voice come from. There was a guy leaning against the shelves with boxes on the floor. He reached down and pulled up a couple of bobble heads out of the boxes and placed them on the shelf. "But Dipping sauce, this is my new friend!"

He looked pretty unconvinced. "Then what's her name?" A girl called from behind the cash register. I looked over to Mabel, who looked pretty disappointed in her friends that were doubting her. "Her name is (Y/n), and she just moved here today! See, I asked this time dummies!"

"Wait. Did you call that guy, uh, Dipping sauce?" Mabel smiled and nodded a yes eagerly. I looked over at the boy who's face was slightly red. "It's just a nickname she has for me." The room became slightly tense, but the girl behind the counter burst out laughing. I turned my head to her as she said, "Oh my god. Dipper- she thought you're name was dipping sauce for a moment there." I then started laughing with her. "I guess I did."

Mabel then took my hand and pulled me past the 'do not enter' door. She moved up the stairs and into their attic. "This is my room! My brother also sleeps here but that doesn't matter." I smiled at her remark once again. I think I could get used to her and her humor. "Could you tell me about yourself?" We sat down on her bed as I began saying, "Sure. The whole reason I recently moved her was because my parents both got new jobs around here. We came from (your hometown)."

"I have a younger sister, Amber. She's 9 years old, and she'll be turning 10 in a couple days from now. Uhm, I really like to dra-" She then popped up from where she was sitting and looked at me with her eyes wide open. "Did you just say your sisters birthday is coming up!? Time to bust out the old party planning notebook! I think we should have a surprise birthday party here at the shack!"

After we talked about decorations for Amber's surprise party, a question pops up into my head. "Oh hey. Sense your, uhh, Grunkle owns this place, what is it called?" She looks up at me from her planning notebook and thinks for a little bit. "Oh. It's the Mystery Shack. The 'S' fell off when Dipper and I fought a bunch of cursed waxed people when we wer-" She then slammed her hands over her mouth. "Uhhh. You didn't hear anything." She said before getting up and running out of the room.

Mabel's POV:

I quickly ran out of the room realizing what I just said. I ran down the stairs and back into the gift shop where Dipper was talking to Wendy. "Dipper. Help me." He turns around super confused but concerned. "What'd you do now?" I grab the sides of his body and shake him. "I accidently, somehow, maybe told (Y/n) about those cursed living wax people that knocked the 'S' off the top of the sign.." Dipper did a facepalm and sighed. "You can't just tell random strangers you met today about these things. You already know this."

"I didn't mean to. It just slipped out of my mouth before thinking." He sighed and shook his head once again. "It's okay. Just don't tell her anything else. Okay?" I nod slowly. "Now go. Just think about what you say before you say it." I then headed back into the house and upstairs back to where (Y/n) was.

Your POV:

   I sat on Mabel's bed while I waited for her to get back. I waited for a while before becoming thirsty. So, I went down into their kitchen and grabbed a small water bottle from their fridge. As I was walking back up, I heard Mabel and Dipper talking, "I didn't mean to. It just slipped out of my mouth.." I decided I wasn't going to listen in on their conversation, so I headed back up to the bedroom.

   Soon enough, Mabel came back into her room. "Sorry about that! Just forgot to tell my brother something." She looked a tad bit unsure of what she said. I simply shrugged it off, "It's okay. Anyways, lets continue talking about Amber's birthday party."

   After a few minutes, I took a drink of my water. Before I knew it, Mabel had fell into me, making me spill my water over myself and her bed. "Oh gosh- I'm so sorry (Y/n)! I accidentally tripped over the rug. I sighed and put the lid on top of bottle and put it down. "It's fine.. Do you have some clothes around that I could wear instead of these wet ones?" She nodded and pulled some clothes out of the dresser. "Here! You can go change in the bathroom if you'd like."

   I headed back down the stairs and into the bathroom. The clothing that she handed me was barely her style. She had handed me a white tennis skirt with a black sweatshirt. Once I got dressed I looked at myself in the mirror. Not a bad outfit- Anyways, I then walked out of the bathroom, only to run straight into someone. We both fell to the ground, me over top of the mystery person. 

   I quickly got up and saw who I fell on top of, Dipper. I then quickly began apologizing and offer him a hand to help him up, but he blatantly ignores it. I drop my hand and sigh before I headed back up to their room. As soon as I got into their room, I began complaining to Mabel, "You're brother is pretty rude. I had accidentally fell on top of him and he didn't say anything!" I sat down on her bed and she followed suit. "Sorry about that. He doesn't really trust a lot of my new friends."

|~|~|~|

(1393 words)

(A/n: This chapter was rewrote on January 15, 2021. I'm not exactly sure how many more chapters I will rewrite, but I will be sure to let you all know when I stop rewriting them! Also if you want to read the old version of the book, I will have it out soon, maybe this weekend!)