Chapter 5

A/N: Hey you guys, it's me again. I've been on a terrible writing block as I have no muse to inspire writing. I'm trying to get this chapter out for all of you, so I'm sorry if it sucks. (Knowing my writing, it will.) This is solely for my readers who I'm sure are tired of waiting a month between chapters. Alright.. here we go.

~   ~   ~   ~   ~

~Devon's POV~

We sat on the couch together, and we were curled up with the comforter around us to keep us warm. The fire also helped in that. The laptop with the movie playing was sitting on the coffee table in front of us.

 I was sitting with Jason's arms around me, and I was snuggled against his chest. It was comfortable and nice to be in the arms of a man and to not be afraid to be hurt physically. Emotionally, I was still a mess, and I knew that, but I just wanted to be in his arms for as long as I could.

Between the warmth of the blanket, his arms, and the fire and the movie playing in the dark room, I got sleepy rather fast. Half of my attention was on the movie and the other half was me trying to keep myself awake.

I think Jason noticed my fight with sleep because he started rubbing circles into my back which caused me to drift farther into the dream world. Knowing that I would probably be able to watch the movie later, I curled up around him and fell asleep.

I'm not sure how long I had been asleep, but I know I woke up in the overly large and comfortable bed of Jason's with no one around. Rubbing my eyes, I laid in the bed and looked at the ceiling, trying to remember my dream.

The dream had been weird. It started with a normal night at home, being beaten for something like not cleaning my dad's room right. It transitioned into a happy day at the park with the family. The one happy day before mother died, and before father had turned abusive and hateful. It ended with an image of me and Jason at the same park the previous imaged was from. This time though, I was older and with Jason and there was a child running around squealing happily. Jason had a camera and was taking plenty of pictures of the little boy. I remembered having a feeling of immense happiness and joy at watching the two.

Thoughts seemed to fly by so fast, I ended up falling asleep again. I didn't realize it until I had been woken up by Jason.

"Hey. You've been asleep all day. Let's get out in the snow. There's just a good enough amount for a snowball fight." The grin on his face matched that of a child on Christmas morning. His eyes sparkled like the moon shining onto freshly strewn snow.

"I don't have anything to keep me warm." I spoke softly, my voice was surly still riddled with sleep.

The realization came across his face for a moment, before he turned to his dresser and began tossing out old sweats. "Some of those should work. You can layer them if you want." Jason turned and smiled. "Hurry up. I'm ready. We have to get out there before it starts getting dark." He walked from the room and went to wait.

I sighed before getting out of the bed and pulling on about 3 layers of sweats. I looked like a fat, miniature snowman, but I was warm, so I didn't care. Walking out into the living room felt like an inferno, so I quickly pulled my shoes and and dashed outside. The initial gust of wind was cold, but after a moment, I was fine.

Within a moment, I was pelted with snowballs. "Heyy!" My shrill scream echoed through the woods and the fire ceased for a moment. Jason came out of his hiding spot to see if I was alright and I feigned hurt as I fell to the groud.

Jason ran over my aid as I lay on the ground, holding my arm. He bent down next to me, worrying over me and apologizing at about 100 words a minute.

Once he was down close enough to me, I pulled him down next to me, effectively covering him in snow. I shot up and ran to hide in some trees. I had to try hard to contain my laughs as I watched him search for me.

I began pelting him with snowballs from above and he couldn't figure out where i was for a good ten minutes. Once I got cold enough, I climbed down and pounced on his back once he got close enough.

The two of us fell back into the snow, laughing and trying to get our breaths back. We had been outside for a good hour or so and it was beginning to get dark.

"I have a treat for you." Jason murmured before sweeping me up in his arms. I didn't speak, just wrapped my arms around his neck and let him carry me. As he walked and carried me, I couldn't help but look up at him and try to memorize everything about him.  He was a very beautiful man.

I bit my lip and laid my head on his shoulder. We had managed to get far from the cabin, and he knew his way back. It was nice just being in his arms.

Once we got back into the cabin, he stood me on my feet and told me to go  change out of the three layers of sweats. I didn't argue back since I was baking like a potato in the outfit. I went into the bedroom and noticed my dress on the bed, next to his shirt that I had been wearing earlier. It took me a second to make the choice, but I was happy once I chose.

Walking out of the bedroom, I went to sit on the couch to wait for him. I think he was in the kitchen, but I wasn't sure since I couldn't see him. I watched the fire crackle and soon become entranced by it. Fire always made me think about life, and this fire had me thinking about what home would be like once I got back.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a change in elevation in the couch cushion. It sunk in next to me and I jumped.

"Sorry. Didn't know I would scare you." Jason spoke softly and looked me over. "You look nice and comfortable in my shirt." He commented which made me blush. "Here is a mug of homemade hot coco with tons of marshmallows. I hope you like it.. be careful though.. it's hot." He added as a last minute thing when he saw me panting.

I had burnt my tongue on that damned drink, but it was totally worth it. He wrapped his arm around me and I laid back into his chest. We sat in the darkening living room of the cabin with the fire crackling to keep us warm.

It was probably the most fun I had had in years.

~     ~     ~     ~     ~

A/N I hope you guys enjoyed it. I plan on getting a little more serious in the next chapters, so bear with me. I know it's slow moving and blegh. I'm sorry.. I hope this filled your need for a new chapter.. I'm just sorry >...<

Until Next Time, Val <3

Oh, P.S If any one would be interested in making a banner/cover thing.. that would be cool.