Chapter 1

A/N: So.. this is my first story, and it is also unbeta'd so all mistakes I claim as my own.

In a way I'm nervous about posting this, but I want to know what people think about my writing and etc. It would be awesome if you reveiwed and what not. I'm kind of babbling, and I know I'm missing some vital information up here, I'm just not sure what yet.. so.. anyways.. I'm gonna go a head and begin writing.

I hope you enjoy <3

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

A/N #2: The first POV is in the main characters POV. Her name is Devon Younge. She's been abused and tormented. Brown hair, beautiful greenish/hazle eyes. Kind of looks like the young Kritsin Kruek). She is the Mystery guys POV. He will be revelied next chapeter

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Standing on that cliff has a lot of feelings running through my veins. I could feel the sadness, regret, pain, loss and anger coursing through my body.

I closed my eyes, loving the feeling of the wind raising my hair as it blows and the warmth of the sun on my face. It would be the last time I felt these things, the last time I got to feel things so pure. I was tired of feeling the physical abuse from my father and the emotional abuse from my peers.

I thought about everything that I would be leaving behind and everything that had happened. My mother died of breast cancer when I was twelve, that was five years ago. Since then, my father had become abusive. The changes at home caused a drastic change in who I was and people began noticing. The majority of the people began picking on me, which just led to a deeper depression.

I sighed as a tear slipped down my cheek. Today, my skin was showing and my face bore no make-up. I wasn't going to hide the bruises that littered my body. I wore a black, sleeve;less sun dress with black flats. It was the middle of November, but I wasn't cold. Maybe is someone found my body, they would see the black, purple, and green that covered my body like a canvas.

Opening my eyes, I looked at the sunset. I took in all of the things surrounding me for the last time. Closing my eyes, I moved a foot half way off the edge, taking a breath as I prepared myself for the end.

~*Mystery POV*~

I always have loved walking along the cliffs of North Caroline. They are an amazing way to just think, or clear your mind and just let everything go.

Lately I've been coming out here to think about a girl. Not just any girl: She is a student of mine. Scandalous right? No. I don't think about her like that, at least I try not to. Sometimes thoughts like that cross my mind, but I'm a guy. It's bound to happen with a girl that beautiful.

Her name is Devon Younge. The most amazing green eyes ever, but they always seem to be filled with pain. I haven't been able to figure out why though, she never talks in class. I've seen how students tease her relentlessly and how she twitches away from and outstretched hand. In a way, it's sad. I'm not sure, but I think she is getting abused at home. Every now and then I can see bruises on her wrists.

I looked up from my thoughts and saw a pale girl in a black dress standing on the very edge a cliff. For a moment, I was in shock. She looked so beautiful and peaceful standing there. The sun shined on her skin just right and made her glow like an angel.

Then the realization hit me: She was going to jump. I took off running as hard as I could. I couldn't let her jump. Something in my gut told me I absolutely had to save this girl. I reached her before she took the step off, and pulled her back. My arms wrapped tightly around her waist. I wasn't going to let her jump.

We stumbled and even rolled a bit, but I had a good grip on her. She was in a fetal position in my lap, and we were a good ten feet from the cliff face. She was shaking, which I expected. It was the middle of November and she was in practically nothing. I wrapped my jacket around her small and under nourished body and held her close.

The girl was in shock, but she didn't try to fight back instead she was leaning into me with tears running down her cheeks. Her eyes were closed as she laid her head on my shoulder. I looked down at her face and her body. There were bruises covering her face, neck, shoulder, legs, and more that disappeared under her dress. All the bruises were the size and shape of a grown mans hand. This girl couldn't be more then seventeen. Then something connected in my head. Looking up at her face, I realized I knew who this girl was.

"Devon... Devon Younge?" I muttered out as she looked up at me, start and fear ringing true in her eyes.