five. don't let me go

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

THE WIND blew Kristina's chocolate locks as they flailed around carelessly, her finger tips tapping the car door as they drove towards the Gilbert residence. 'They' meaning Damon and herself. The two hadn't seen one another since the day before last and Kristina had fallen asleep by the time Damon had come back to the boarding house. She admitted that that she missed being his partner in crime but was appreciative of the time she spent with Stefan. Who in fact was nowhere to be found that morning.

"So tell me, what was it like not having me around for a whole day? Get in any trouble?" Kristina questioned with a light tone.

Damon sighed "Well..." he paused "If you call going to a frat party and convincing Elena to get blood drunk then having Bonnie see you both in the process, getting in trouble then yes." He smirked.

Kristina rubbed her face as she chuckled "Oh Damon you didn't." Damon nodded "You're a bad influence on her more than ever now you know that."

Damon nodded "Anyway, so what was like it without me?" He wiggled his brows "Miss me?"

The werewolf scoffed as she rolled she head to face him "Me. Miss you? No, actually me and Stefan had a very..." She drawled as she tried to find the right word to describe the day "Unique bonding experience."

The raven haired vampire raised a brow "You and Stefan? You two haven't been in the same room for 3 minutes alone with each other since-"

"Since you guys found me in the woods." She finished "Yeah, well that went bust as soon as we had to play family therapy for our dear friends the mikaelson's." The car pulled to a stop as they parked outside of the Gilbert house. They both opened their doors and rejoiced on the walk up "Honestly I thought you, Stefan and I had problems." The two walked through the main door and made their way upstairs to Elena's room "I'm telling you D, if there was a supernatural version of Jerry Springer that family would make continuous comebacks."

After knocking on her bedroom door, Elena opened it moments later causing Damon to barge past and walk in. Kristina rolled her eyes and she leant against the doorway watching the two "Excuse me. What are you doing?"

"Where's Stefan?" Damon asked ignoring her previous question.

Elena was taken aback "Ok, good morning to you, too."

Damon ignored her response once again "He's not answering his phone and he's not here, which you know, is a big deal, we've only got a killer vampire hunter on the loose."

"What Damon means is have you heard anything from him since you got back yesterday." Kristina said with clearer information.