three. safe in his arms

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

AS THE breeze blew through the window, it caused the curtains to flutter as if they had a mind of its own. Almost like they were free. Kristina would stare at them and wish her could be like that, free. Free of misery and loss without any problems to deal with as well as constant issues living among her that would have to resolved one way or another. It was no lie she found it exhausting but yet she still woke up every morning with a rest mind set for the day for whatever was ahead of her.

Kristina pulled back her covers and stretched, then made her way over to her closet where she threw on the closest thing that would be most suitable and jogged down the stairs to find the front door open. Stefan had a motorcycle parked and Damon as usual was stood with a smirk causing havoc as he tried his best to work everyone's nerves.

"Good for a midlife crises. One hundred and sixty four years, I'd still you're overdue." Damon commented.

Stefan hopped on the motorcycle and sat down "Elena's transition to vampire has been a little depressing. I'm gonna help her have some fun."

"Oh." Damon mouthed "Those who can't do teach."

"Ignore him, Stefan." Kristina spoke up as she leaned against the door frame "I do."

Stefan chuckled and Damon shot her a sarcastic happy face "Always have. Always will. I see we're still fighting." Damon wiggles his brows "Got it. Where you going?"

"That hunter jacked Tyler Lockwood of his werewolf venom last night, so basically he's got vampire poison in a bottle, and I'm gonna find him, and I'm gonna eat him." Damon explained, Kristina already knew the ongoings of the hunter and Tyler and much to her pleasure he didn't hurt him.

"I'll go with you." Stefan volunteered, wiping his hands from oil.

"I don't want your help." Damon cut off "I just wanna kill this guy and get the hell out of town. Isn't that the deal. Whoever Elena doesn't choose leaves? Besides Kristina is helping me. "

Kristina frowned, confused "I am?" She said uncertain, Damon glared at her as if telling her to play along. "I am." She agreed.

"That was before she turned." Stefan mentioned.

"And I stayed to help. But I take you punching me as the first clue...I'm not wanted here anymore.

"Listen you blood shared with my girlfriend and I punched you in the face." Stefan remarked. "You deserved it. Why don't you stop being dramatic?"

Damon shook his head "No, brother. Dramatic would before I kill this hunter." Damon took off put the door and Kristina followed after looking to Stefan and sighing. She caught up to him and stood by his side.