― 01 | upbringing.

YEAR: Unknown.

The skies screamed furiously with thunder while the world of the dead blossomed at the birth of Hadronia. It was never meant to happen. He knew it was forbidden and yet his kingdom cleared in colors for a while at least. However, the clouds darkened and despite him not being able to see it, he could hear the thunder cracking and the lightning nearing. So he did the only thing he saw was best for his daughter: he travelled to the paradise island and begged for queen Hippolyta to take her in as her own. She was reluctant at first and gazed at the child with shame and disgust.

"That does not belong here. Neither do you." Hippolyta spat.

"She needs a home, Hippolyta. He will kill her and we both know it. I'm begging you." He pleaded and stepped closer to her, holding his daughter carefully. The sight of an actual baby softened Hippolyta a tad. Being on an island with women who stay in the same age for eternity makes you forget how it felt to see or hold a child.

"If I do this, you are not to visit her. I will raise her my way, train her and take care of her. But she can never know who her father is, the same way Diana doesn't know that Zeus is hers. Promise me that, Hades."

"I promise. Just please, take her in."

"The same thing goes for her mother. If Eris ever steps foot here–"

"She won't."

"Good. What's her name?" Hippolyta softly grabbed the child and held her against her chest. Hades smiled at the sight.

"Hadronia."

"A beautiful name." Hippolyta offered and nodded at him. Hades exhaled in relief knowing that his child would be taken care of and disappeared in a cloud of black smoke. "Hm. What to do with you."

The amazon queen only shared the existance of Hadronia with her sister, Antiope. Diana lived with the rest of the amazons since she was the queen's daughter while Hippolyta had built a secluded area for Hadronia to grow up in.

"Why can't I leave? I feel so alone here." Hadronia had complained once when she was growing tired of being the only one there.

"We're the only ones on this island, Hadronia. And the world outside this island is a cruel and dark place. If you wish to explore it one day, you may do so. But not now, you're still young." Hippolyta lied while she kept watch on her. "Now get ready, it's time for training."

Hadronia was happy to train. It was the best part of her day and truthfully, she enjoyed Antiope's presence more than Hippolyta's. The queen could never bring herself to tell Hadronia the harsh truth and she would never admit that she still found her as a disgrace for being the child of not only Hades but Eris as well, the goddess of discord. Hadronia was bound to cause chaos and Hippolyta feared that day.

"Are you ready, child?" Antiope mused while she spun her sword casually.

"I'm always ready." Hadronia smirked and gripped hers. Antiope dashed cautiously and the two and Hadronia worked on her defensives. Her body could withstand hard hits so Antiope was never really shy and Hadronia was thankful for that since it helped her learn faster and better. At one point, she managed to crouch down and swiftly kicked Antiope down on her back. Hadronia flipped her ponytail behind her shoulders and hovered over her trainer.

Before she could react, Antiope had lifted her leg, wrapped it around Hadronia's stomach and forced her down on the ground. She then stood up with her sword against Hadronia's throat and her foot against her leg. Hadronia groaned and then accepted Antiope's hand in help to stand up.

"Never let your guard down and don't stand above your opponent without being able to stop her counter attacks." Antiope taught and rested her sword against the ground.