Chapter 34

Molly awoke with the next morning, alone in bed, as she had entered it the night before. When she got up, and walked into the sitting room, she found Sherlock asleep on the sofa. She smiled. He must have fallen asleep after he came home last night.

            Molly grabbed the blanket, which lie over the side of the sofa, and lay it over the detective. He stirred slightly, and Molly feared that she had awakened him, but he soon stilled. She went to the kitchen, and began to brew coffee. Black. She knew Sherlock would want it when he woke up.

            An hour later, she had settled back into hers and Sherlock’s bed with The Tuesday Club Murders by Agatha Christie, which she had found on Sherlock’s bookshelf, and a mug of coffee. Halfway through the very short book, she heard footsteps and looked up to see Sherlock standing in the doorway.

            “I believe we have a matter to discuss.” He said.

            “Do we?” Molly said; her brows furrowed in confusion.

            Sherlock came into the room and sat on the edge of the bed next to Molly. “What are we?”

            Molly frowned. “Sorry?

            “What are we?” He asked again.

            Molly shook her head. “I don’t understand.”

            “John asked me last night,” Sherlock looked down as he thought about what to say. “He said he thought we weren’t friends with benefits, whatever the hell that is supposed to mean–”

            Molly blushed. “What?!”

            “And he asked if we were…together.” Sherlock looked up at her. “Molly. Where do we stand?”

            “I–I don’t,” Molly stammered. “I don’t know.”

            “I know that I have no clue,” Sherlock said, “and it seemed that you would, considering that you know about that sort of thing. How did you know when you were in a relationship with someone?”

            Molly thought for a moment, looking down. “I don’t really know. Usually, you are in a relationship when you are very close to someone. And you have flat share–”

            Sherlock interrupted her, frowning. “Were John and I in a relationship?”

            Molly started laughing. “Let me finish, would you?”

            “Of course.” Sherlock said.     

            “And usually, if the person you are sharing a flat with is someone you sleep with at night, and someone who you kiss–”

            “We do that quite often.” Sherlock said.

            “–That usually determines that you are in a relationship…” Molly continued.

            Sherlock cocked his head. “So, we are, then.”

            They were silent for a moment, as Sherlock fully registered what a relationship between himself and the pathologist meant. He opened his mouth to speak, but Molly had leaned forward and pressed her lips to his, and he responded immediately, having been through this with the pathologist several times, and finally figuring out how to do it correctly. When she pulled away, she smiled.

            “So, we are.” She said, and Sherlock smiled back before leaning forward and kissing her again.

    I won't be updating for five days. The BookTubeAThon starts at midnight tonight and carries out until Friday at 11:59 pm. In case you don't know, the BookTubeAThon is a five day reading marathon, and this year the big challenge is to read at least seven books within the five days. I have signed myself up for this and will be limiting myself from writing or anything else. No texting, writing, or anything (except for reading the updates of The Lawe by -GrandLarceny-, go read it now. It is my favourite Sherlock fanfiction and it is absolutely brilliant). None of my stories will be updated until, at the very least, Saturday. I'm sorry for the short update, but I procrastinated until an hour before the marathon begins, so I didn't have much time to write.

     I will, however, try to update Saturday morning with a longer chapter, hopefully.

     Thank you all for your continuing support, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. xxx

     –OH