Chapter 13

Here's a pretty long chapter! It's basically just them doing those cases from The Empty Hearse, and I added a scene with Tom at the end. xxx -OH

(Molly’s flat | Molly’s POV)

            I sit on my bed, thinking. I’m so glad Sherlock is back. He’s been gone so long; I thought he might have been dead. But he’s not, so I am so happy that he’s back.

            Maybe a bit too happy, happier than I should be.

            But it’s alright. Things will be back the way they were before and…

            My phone trills a text.

            Baker Street. Come as soon as you can. Now would be best.

            -SH

            I stare at the text before I reply.

            Okay. Is something wrong?

            Mollyx

            I wait a moment for him to respond, but he doesn’t, so I grab my coat and gloves and leave my flat.

(221b Baker Street)

            When I walk into Sherlock’s flat, he is standing at the window, looking out it.

            “You wanted to see me?” I say.

            “Yes,” He turned to face me, then started walking towards me. “Molly?”

            “Yes?”

            “Would you…” He stops briefly; looking down at the floor, then continues to slowly walk towards me. “Would you like to…”

            “Have dinner…” I suggest at the same time as he says, “Solve crimes?”

            “Oh…” I sigh, awkwardly.

            ~         ~         ~         ~        

            A while later, I sit in a dining chair next to Sherlock’s chair. He is looking out the window and we have too clients, a man and his wife, in the room. The woman is sitting in John’s chair and the man is standing next to her. As I listen to the man’s story, I think about what is happening.

            Sherlock Holmes and I… solving crimes? I don’t understand. I get that John is angry with him and everything, but why am I here? Sherlock could have chosen anyone to help him, like Lestrade, but why did he choose me?

            “…Monkey glans.” Sherlock says, reminding me that I should be paying full attention to our clients. I bite back a smile at his words and he turns to the client. “But enough about Professor Presbury. Tell us more about your case, Mr. Harcourt.”

            “Are you sure about this?” I quietly ask Sherlock as he walks by me.

            “Absolutely.” He says.

            “Should I be making notes?”

            “If it makes you feel better.”

            “It’s just that that’s what John says he does, so if I’m being John…”

            “You’re not being John – You’re being yourself.” He tells me, sitting down in his chair next to me. I look away and smile.