Chapter 10

“What?” Molly asked.

     “I need to leave London, Molly.” Sherlock told her. “I simply cannot think here. I need to leave the city, the country. I need to go anywhere but here.”

     “Okay, I understand,” Molly started. “But, why do you want me to come? You don’t need me.”

     “Yes, Molly, I do need you.” Sherlock took her hand and placed his index and middle finger on her wrist, feeling her pulse. He smiled.“And I know you want to come.”

     “Why would you think that?” Molly asked.

     “Because I took your pulse.” She blushed at his words. “Elevated. Although, maybe you’re having some doubt?”

     “I can’t leave, Sherlock.” Sherlock’s smile seemed to disappear.

     “Why not?” He asked her, letting go of her wrist.

     “Because I can’t.” She told him. “You were right, I would love to, really I would, but I can’t. I – I’ve got work, and I can’t just quit. Why do you want me to come, anyway?” She suddenly felt more confident with her words. “And don’t tell me that ‘I need you’ shit because I don’t believe it.”

     Sherlock sighed, and turned his back to Molly. He put his hands in prayer position, and placed them in front of his mouth. “Why in deed?” He started pacing. “I don’t know. Why do I?”

     “I know why.” Molly said. Sherlock stopped pacing and turned to look at her. She took a step forward. “You don’t want to be alone.”

     Sherlock dropped his hands to his side and stepped closer to her, although they were still a few feet apart. He cocked his head and looked at her. “No. I’m fine with being alone. That can’t be it.”

      “It is though,” Molly said. “You don’t want to be alone Sherlock. You may a psychopath–“

     “High-functioning sociopath.”

     “High-functioning sociopath,” Molly rolled her eyes. “But, you can still get lonely. And you don’t tell people that you do. Why?”

     “No, Molly. I don’t get lonely. I’m completely fine with myself.” He said, turning his back to her again.

     Molly walked in front of him, and stood there. Their bodies were inches apart, and she grabbed his wrist and did to him as he had done to her minutes ago. He immediately figured out what she was doing and quickly pulled his wrist away from her. She smiled. “Then tell me, Sherlock, why has your pulse elevated?”

     “I – I don’t.”

     “Maybe…you have feelings you don’t even know about.” She sighed. “If you really need to leave, Sherlock, then go. I’ll stay and wait for you, but I can’t just go.”

     “No.” Sherlock said.

     “What?”

     “I don’t have to go now.” He explained. “I can’t leave right now. There are still things I need to prepare for; things I need to figure out first. But now, how about we go to this little restaurant I know of?”

     “Um, okay.” Molly said, blushing again. “Let me get ready.” She turned and headed to her room.

     Ten minutes later, Molly was taking a shower and Sherlock was watching telly. There was a ring at the door, and Sherlock stood up to answer it. He opened the door, and someone he had been expecting for awhile stood in front of him.

     “Hello, brother dear. Mind if I pop in?”

     Mycroft Holmes sat on Molly’s sofa. Sherlock stood in front of him, staring at him.

     “Yes, hello to you too, Sherlock.” Mycroft said sarcastically.

     “What are you doing here, Mycroft?” Sherlock asked his older brother.

     “We need to talk.” Mycroft told him.

     “About?”

     “Your plans.”

     “For?”

     “The future.”

     “You know my plans, Mycroft.” Sherlock said. “I’m going to–“

     “Dismantle James Moriarty’s network, yes I know.” Mycroft said. “The question is: When? You’ve done nothing. And as far as I can tell, you won’t be doing anything if you stay in London.”

     “Well, I’ve needed to think, and find out where to go.”

     “Great hair, by the way.” Mycroft said sarcastically. “It looks marvelous on you, little brother.”

     Sherlock crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. “The colour was an accident.”

     “Of course it was.”

     Sherlock turned around to face the bathroom as Molly walked out. She wore a pink jumper and dark jeans. “Sherlock who are you talking–“ She stopped when she saw who was in her sitting room. “Who's that?”

     “Hello, Miss Hooper.” He greeted her.

     “Molly, this is my brother, Mycroft. Mycroft, this is–” Sherlock introduced

     “Dr. Molly Elizabeth Hooper, yes I know.”

     “Of course you do.” Sherlock said, rolling his eyes again.

     “Oh, hello Mr. Holmes. What are you doing here?”

     “Just reminding Sherlock of what he needs to do.”

     “And what's that?” Molly asked.

     “He is referring to me taking down Moriarty’s network.” Sherlock told Molly.

     “And that’s why you need to leave?” Molly asked.

     “Yes,” Sherlock confirmed. “I won’t be able to do that here, I just need to find out where, and how.” Mycroft stood up as Sherlock spoke. He started walking to the door.

     “Yes,” Mycroft told him. “And you may want to give Mummy a call.” He stopped and turned to Sherlock. “She worries about you, you know? Good evening Miss Hooper.” At that he walked out of the flat.

     “Come on Molly,” Sherlock said, walking towards the door with Molly at his heels. 

Sorry it's so short again! Updates will be slower because I will be trying to get my story to match up more with series 3, although I will do my best to avoid writing spoilers until The Empty Hearse has aired for Americans as well. If not, I will have a warning at the beginning of the chapters.

Thank you so much for being patient and for all of your positive comments! I really appreciate your support!

Remember to vote, comment, and follow me for more! You all are fantastic and I hope you're holidays have been great. :D xxx

-OH