Chapter 5

Merida's POV

I was burning with fury. I didn't care we were in a middle of a ball and I needed to act like a princess - no one, no one, will kidnap my little brother like this. No one. For once, I got the feeling my mom doesn't even mind. She was as furious as me.
"Let's go over that again." I said to Hamish and Hubert, trying to keep my temper. Me screaming won't help Harris. "What - exactly - happened?"
"We were hiding in the bushes." said Hubert. "Just for fun, you know, and we saw them. At first I thought they were just talking, but then he throw some dust on her face, and she collapsed. Harris jumped to help her without thinking, and draw out his knife. The man threw the same dust on him, and he fall. Than the man just hold them both and disappeared."
I looked at the ground, examining it closely. I saw the dust he talked about- some dark powder, almost like black sand. It was weird.
"Don't touch it!" said the queen of Arendelle, looking terrified.
"Why?" I frowned, leaving it pn the ground.
"It made them fall unconscious, hadn't it? It's dangerous!"
I doubted it, but left the weird dust like that. I continued looking at the floor, looking for more clues of what happened there. I've already found Harris's knife and a necklace that belonged to princess Anna, but I kept searching, looking for something of this man.
"-Because we're not sure who he is." I herd the queen saying quietly. Who was she talking to?
I was almost about to give up, when my fingers touched something small and round under a bush. I took it out and held it near the light, feeling how a bitter taste spreading in my mouth. I knew this pendant- knew it because it was mine once. Until three years ago. When I gave it to a witch in exchange for a spell. The spell that changed my mom.
My mouth dried immediately. What was it doing there? I gave it to here in Scotland, at the forest!
"Merida?" asked my mother. "What have you found?"
I held up the little pendant. My mom stepped back. "Is that-?"
"Yes." I nodded.
"What?" asked the queen of Arendelle. "What is that?"
"A clue." I said, standing up. "do you have witches here in Arendelle?"
The queen frowned. "Not that I'm aware of-"
"My queen!" a guard came running, and stopped beside me, bowing low. "we found two people at the gates, my queen. They said they were invited in, but the name they gave us was already checked in the list of the invited people."
"Who are they? Where are they?" the queen asked, excited.
"In the dungeons, right now, my queen. A man and a woman."
"Take me to them. Now." she ordered.
"But my queen, they might be-"
"I can handle myself." she said, rising her hand. I admit I was curious - I've heard about her ice powers, of course, but I wanted to see it for myself.
"Do you want me to come with you, your majesty?" I asked. I wanted to know what happened to my brother!
"No. Stay here and see if you can find anything else. I'll be right back." she said. I wanted to prostate, but mom gave me such a look that I decided I should play along. The queen will tell us if there's anything useful. So I shut up as the guard took her, and looked down, looking for something I may have missed. Anything that could tell me what this pendant was doing there, three years after I gave it away.

Hiccup's POV

"I can't believe it." I said, walking around the little cell. "That's got to be a mistake."
"Of course it's a mistake, Hiccup." said Astrid. "but it's not gonna be fixed by you walking in loops in this tiny space, so stop, please. You're giving me a headache."
"Sorry." I set down beside her. "I'm just worrying about Toothless."
"Don't be worried about him, be worried about the poor soldiers that separated you two."
I laughed. "Oh, believe me, I am. The poor people had no idea what they got themselves into." Toothless is gonna be furious. I hoped he will go along with them- I didn't need a few fires added to whatever they think we've done.
"Hiccup, he'll be fine. He's a huge Night Furry- he can take care of himself."
"Yeah, I guess you're right." I stood up as the door of the dungeon opened and a young woman came inside. "Ma'am, that got to be some mistake," I started, "we were invited here- Jack? What are you doing here?!" I stared at him.
"You see him?" asked the young woman, surprised.
"Hi, Hiccup, what's up?" he asked, smirking.
"Just great. I always wanted to sit in Arendelle's dungeon. Now I can finally die in peace." I rolled my eyes.
"I'm sorry about that." said the woman. "We had a little mistake - you better come with me. I'm so sorry about it."
"It's alright." smiled Astrid. "We figured it must be some kind of mistake."
"Oh, you don't get it." said the woman, bitting her lips. "we- we thought you were inside. No, not you, just- there was an impostor. To- to you." she pointed at me.
"Who?" I asked surprised. Why would someone pretend to be me, of all people? "Where is he?"
"That we don't know." she looked miserable. What happened? What had this man did, whoever he was? "if you will come with us, maybe you will be able to help us figure it out."
I nodded. "Sure. It's not like we were having fun down here." I gave Astrid my hand to help her stand. She took it, but once she was standing she punched me in the arm. "Stop being such a gentleman. They'll forget we're vikings." she said with a smile.
I laughed. "Oh no, not that!"
Jack raised an eyebrow.
"So" asked Astrid, as we made our way toward the actual castle of Arendelle, "I guess you're queen Elsa?"
The woman nodded. She blue eyes and blonde hair, like Astrid, but while Astrid's hair was almost golden, the queen's long braid was more of the platinum. Her eyes were more of gray then blue, and her whole standing and acting was more of a dancer, less of a warrior. "And you're queen Astrid, I suppose?" she asked.
"Queen? I'm not queen." laughed Astrid.
"But you're the chief's wife."
"Exactly. I'm not queen. We don't really have a word for that."
Jack smiled at me. "Looks like thay getting along quite fine, aren't they?"
"Yeah, it seems so." I said. "So what are you doing here? Wearing fine suit? Holding hands with the queen of Arendelle?"
"We also shared a dance." he smiled.
"I thought you weren't getting along with each other?"
"we weren't."
I raised an eyebrow.
"What? That's true!"
"Yeah, sure."
"It is!"
I chuckled.
"What?!" he complained.
"Nothing." we got into the castle, and the queen lead us to a small room, where a few people already stood. There was a redhead girl with hair messier and Redder then my father's was, a girl with short brown hair and green eyes like mine, and a blonde guy that looked depressed.
"Is this the real Hiccup Haddock?" asked the redhead, in a voice that sounded like she wanted to punch me.
"Merida! Be nice." a middle-aged woman glared at her. They both had a very thick Scottish accent.
"Yes, Merida, that's him." said queen Elsa. She looked tired.
I looked around the room. Everyone looked so tired, so depressed, like something horrible happened. Even Jack looked serious, which was really unlike him. Mostly when I saw the winter spirit, he was trying to freeze me solid or pushed someone down a hill of snow. Now he looked deadly serious when he stood beside the queen, her hand in his.
"What happened?" I asked. "Surely something bad. It has something to do with the impostor?"
"Oh, yeah, it have something to do with him." said the redhead, Merida, and gave me a murderous look.
"Merida, stop. It wasn't his fault." said queen Elsa. "Yes, Hiccup, it has to do with him. You two better take a sit."

AN-
Oh, that isn't gonna be good, is it?
Honestly, this chapter hadn't changed a lot. It was more of a chance to give you a little clue about the people who are involved. Also, it was there because I wanted to get a little bit of Hiccstrid. Besides, I needed to give Jelsa another push.
(Okay, honestly, I just enjoyed writing this. I like writing Hiccup!)