Chapter 2-

Hiccup's POV

"We're going to be late for that meeting." mumbled Hiccup.
"It'll be fine." said Astrid. "No one could have foreseen those wild-Naddars. It wasn't your fault."
"Astrid, that the first contact we have with Arendelle in the last few centuries. We need allies, you know, especially if things will continue the way they are. We couldn't grow much food on Berk from the first place, and now we have a full dragon nest on our island. If we won't get someone to tread with, we'll all die from lack of food."
"When did you get so depressing?"
"Er, are you sure you remember who you're talking to?"
"Last time I checked" said Astrid, putting her beautiful golden hair into a ponytail, "you were my amazing husband, Hiccup the great, chief of Berk."
"I don't know about great." muttered Hiccup. "I'm not even half the chief my dad was."
"Hiccup." said Astrid, deadly serious. "You're not your dad. There's no question about that. But you are great. And don't you dare tell me otherwise."
"Astrid, I-"
"Don't." she said. "You are great. You are amazing. Now go find your dragon, put on his saddle, and get ready. We have a meeting to get to."

Jack's POV

Jack looked at the castle, slightly amazed. Last time he was here, the gates were closed, and he had to fly around the whole building to find an open window. This time, the gates were wide open. People were walking in and out freely, talking to the guards, shaking hands, smiling. Jack had no problems flying over them and entering the palace. The place had changed. He wasn't sure why.
On his shoulder, Babytooth smiled pleasuntly, looking all around her. The tooth fairies were mostly out at night- she barely had a chance to see a place so full of life. "Do you like it?" smiled Jack, as the little fairy shrinked in excitement. "How about you have a little ture around while I'll go in? Find me inside."
She looked skeptical.
"Oh come'on, I'll be fine. It's not like I can get lost or something in that small town. I'll only be at the castle."
She shrugged, then flew away, sending him a worried look.
She had no reason to worry. He was going th behave- it's not like he could do much at this time of the year. Maybe, if he'll be lucky, he'll be able to summon a weak breeze and make it a little colder. More likely, he won't be even able to fly properly. Another reason he didn't want to be here. It was bad enough to meet her when he was alright. At summer time, when he could barely stand- it would be even more embarrassing.
"Excuse me, sir? Are you alright?"
Jack turned. The little girl was barely five, with long ginger hair and brown eyes. She smiled shyly.
"Were you talking to me?" he asked, half amazed.
"Yes, I was." she tilted her head. "you don't look very good. Are you alright?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. But do you see me? Do you know who I am?"
"Sure I do, Mr. Frost." she said, then smiled and signed him to get closer to her. "Do you know our queen Elsa? She's got winter powers, like you do!" she smiled at him, like it was wonderful news. "I have to go now. Good bye, Jack Frost! See you again at the winter!"
She ran.
Jack smiled. As time passed, more and more children believed in him. It always made him happy, to hear them, actually talking to them, knowing they will hear and talk to him back. There was no better feeling in the world. He remembered his first believer - the first person who ever saw him- who wasn't Jamie, like the other guardians thought. It was a little girl, much like this one, with beautiful platinum hair and stunning blue eyes... And around her fingers, cycled silver snowflakes... The girl asked if he knew about queen Elsa's powers. Of course he knew. He was the one who gave them to her.

******
Almost twenty-two years ago, Arendelle.

The few-hours-old baby sleeped a restless sleep in the bed. Around her set the new-made mother and father, and the doctor who gave them the news. The princess may not survive the night.
The queen cried in silence on her husband shoulder. She was so happy when she found about her pregnancy. In the nine months, she was so happy and cheerfull, even with the pain. She was so excited to become a mother, to have a child. Now her daughter may not survive the next hours.
She was born very sick. explained the doctor. And with the cold outside... I'm sorry.
The little baby was born asleep, and hasn't opened her eyes ever since. She was hot with fever. She moved at her sleep, like having a bad dreem. And she didn't cry. Even for a moment. She may never will.
Just outside the window, snowstorm raged.

Jack looked into the room. The woman was crying. Why? The man beside her set completely straight, like he was stunned. And there was a doctor in the room. And a baby.
Jack frowned. "Why did you send me here?" he whispered. The moon did not talk. It never did, ever since that day on the pond. Yet, Jack knew it wanted him to be here. For some reason.
The woman stood up, and stormed out of the room, crying. After a moment of hesitation, the two men followed her. Jack frowned. They leave the baby like that? How is that reasonable? Without thinking, he opened the window and entered the room. It was huge and full of expensive-looking stuff. Well, he was a a palace, wasn't he?
He got near the baby. She slept restlessly, like she was having a nightmare. Jack touched her skin. It was hot. Too hot.
Snow. Said the moon in his mind.
"What?" Jack looked at the window.
Your snow. You can save her.
"she's sick. If I'll summon snow, I may kill her."
The moon hadn't answered.
Jack looked at the baby again. Snow... He raised his staff, causing a small storm around it. One snowflake touched the baby's nose. She opened her eyes. And smiled. Jack smiled back. Her eyes were like two huge sapphires. Then she started crying.
The door of the room opened at once, and the queen stormed toward her daughter, crying herself. Jack smiled. For once, he didn't even care to be invisible. He exited the room through the still opened window, whispering a little goodbye to the baby princess. And as he looked back at her one last time, he saw her great blue eyes looking straight at him. Around her fingers swirled tiny snowflakes.

AN
Thank you so much for finding your time to read this story! It just mean so much to me.
If you have anything to say, something unclear to you, or if you noticed some errors, don't be shy to leave a comment. I promise to read it.
Till next time, I guess.
Bye!