Chapter 4

Anna's POV

I looked around at the people surrounding us. There was my cousin Rapunzel her husband, some lords from the close kingdoms, the royal family from Scotland, and a lot of others.
"What should I do? Where should I stand?" I asked Kristoff, worried. "Should I say hello? Or will it be unprincess like? Should I talk? Should I leave Elsa all the talking? What do I say if someone asks me something? What should I do if I need to the bathroom?!"
"Hey, hey, take it slow, Anna." he laughed. "Don't freak out, you'll be fine. I'm sure that you're allowed to go to the bathroom if you need, okay? You're gonna be great. Just let Elsa do all the talking, okay? All you need to do is not look too bored or confused. And I'm gonna be right here beside you, okay? That meeting won't take long, and after that all you need to do is to dance in the ball. I'm sure you can do it." he kissed me on my forehead. He was wearing a new suit, and not his old ice-sealer clothes. It was gray, but a lot more formal and nice then his old clothes - suddenly I understood that with this suit, he looked like a prince. The thought made me smile. He looked good as a prince. Not that he didn't look good like an ice-sealer! He looked amazing like one! But in this suit he looked so much mature and royal- like a proffer husband for a princess. Wait, what had I just thought?!
"Anna? Are you alright?" he asked.
"Yes! Of course I am! Why wouldn't I?"
"You smiled at me. Then you blushed. Really, really blushed."
His comment made me blush even more. "Er... It was nothing. No, not nothing, just-"
"Hey." he said, taking my hands in his. "It's alright. Just be the amazing princess you are, okay? I'm right here."
"Sure." I said, smiling.
"Are you two done yet?" asked Elsa, smiling.
"Yes. Sure." I blushed a little more.
"Good." she said, and turned toward the people around us. She smiled, a warm and welcoming smile.
"Hello. Welcome to Arendelle." she said, beaming at the people around. "for the last fifteen years, Arendelle was close and apart from the rest of the world. It is my honor and Joy to open it again and share it's beauty with the rest of you. I hope you'll find our kingdom beautiful and welcoming, the same way I see it. I hope that this week-long of meetings and balls will help us all find new allies and new friendships. Thank you for coming here. You're welcome to go to your rooms to get some rest, and I'll be happy to see you at the ball tonight." she finished. People started getting out of the room.
"You were great!" I said, hugging her.
"Thanks." she laughed. "I was afraid I might forget something. Now, didn't you said you have something to say about the ball?"
I smiled. "Come on. You'll love it."
*****
"Anna! Hi!"
I turned around. "Kristoff! You look wonderful!" he wore another new suit, completely royal looking, with white pants, gray jacket, and some red in it, too.
He laughed and kissed me. "You look better."
I smiled and blushed. I was wearing a new dress, nice and elegant, green with some gold sparks and golden sunflowers on the edge of the skirt. My hair was done in two braids, but instead of just hanging there, they were done into some high boon on my head, with another golden flower. It was very much like the one I wore to Elsa's coronation, but not exactly.
"Well, my princess" he said. "may I have that dance?"
I smiled and took his arm. We swirled around the room, laughing. His hands were so steady and gentle, his eyes so kind... Suddenly I realized I've never danced with him like that. Yes, we talked and laughed a lot with each other, and went to some villages festival together, when we danced, but I've never had a waltz with him, or danced with him in a ball. I liked it.
"Anna" he said, suddenly. "You know, we're dating over a year now, and I just wanted to ask you, if you want, and if you feel you're ready..." he blushed. "will you if- I mean, if you will- you know - maybe- will you- marry me?"
"Yes!!" I screamed in excitement. "Yes, I will!" I kissed him.
"Really?" he looked dizzy, and a huge smile covered his face. "Well, that's wonderful! Thank you!" he stopped dancing, and kissed me, one perfect kiss.
"Congratulations." said a voice from behind us. I turned. It was a big man, with messy black beard and a clock from a weird material, like a fish skin or snake's. He talked in a weird way too- and his face were deformed. I remembered him from the meeting.
I smiled. "Thank you, sir-?"
"Hiccup. Hiccup Haddock. Chief of the viking clan on Berk."
This is that Hiccup? Wow. I imagined him completely different.
"Thank you, sir Hiccup." said Kristoff, and managed not to laugh at his name again.
"Your welcome, my lord. And, if I may ask, can I have a word with your new fiancée? I heard so much about Arendelle, especially about your castle. I'd like to have a ture."
"Yeah, yeah, sure, I need to go tell Svan the news, anyway... If it's okay by you, Anna..."
"It's fine." I said. Honestly, anything he'd said would have been fine at the moment. I felt like I was floating.
"Thanks." said Hiccup, and offered me his hand. I took it, leading him to the garden, but my mind was somewhere completely other. Kristoff asked me to marry him! We're gonna get married!