Still Friends

They both knew that this would happen. He banged his head against the wall when he remembered the words of the other player.

"What happens if we break up huh? Is one of us just going to fake an injury whenever we have to play each other so we don't have to deal with seeing each other's faces? Griz, this is a bad idea."

"Do you just not want to be me with me, Leo?"

"Of course not! I would do anything to be with you! But I don't want our relationship to affect our professional life."

There had been rumors of Antoine going to Barcelona, but of course, nothing had happened. Lionel wondered if maybe it had been because of their break up. It's not that he wanted to end things with the French player. But life was way too complicated. You don't just throw away 2 years of your life with someone. He felt insensitive.

Antione always thought that Lionel didn't actually want to be with him. He was the one always trying to break things off until Antoine finally gave in and decided to stop fighting for their relationship. He has worked hard and tried his best to keep Lionel happy. But it was hard to do that when all Leo did was push him away. It made Lionel feel like an asshole but there was nothing he could do anymore.

"Leo!!! We're heading out for drinkkkksss!"

They were not allowed to drink. They had a game in a few days and they were supposed to be resting. It seemed to him that Kun never liked to follow the rules. Lionel was stressed. They had won this match but the next one could be bad. He would see his ex again, for the first time after their horrible break up.

He decided to go out and explore for a bit. It was late so no one would notice him. His teammates were also gone so he wouldn't be the only one who got in trouble if he ended up getting caught. The air was a little cold but he liked it. He didn't really know where he was going and he didn't care if he got lost.

"I guess we both had the same idea," he hears someone say.

The voice was a little soft, almost inaudible. He was close. The gentle sound belonged to his lover. His ocean blue eyes sparkled in the dim light. Lionel faced him and smiled a little. He was happy to see Antoine return the smile.

"You should be in bed," Lionel scoffs

"So should you."

It gets quiet for a second. Neither of them know what to do but they know that they don't want to go. They haven't seen each other in months. That was one of the reasons for the break up. Lionel couldn't stand to be away from him for so long. It was unfair.

"are you doing okay?" Lionel asked softly

"Yes. I'm happy with how my team is doing," he says smiling

"I'm glad. It was nice seeing you.. I think I should go back.."

"Oh yeah.. definitely.. me too.. the team will take turns beating me up if they find out I'm out.. I actually don't know how to get back though.."

"Oh my god, Antoine !! I'll take you back. I think you guys are staying by us."

Antoine smiles. He knows where he's staying. He just wants to spend a little more time with Lionel.

"I'm tired Leo.. you should let me crash in your room."

"You won't be sleeping."

They both blush. Lionel didn't mean for that to come out of his mouth. He forgot.

"You're tired too. I think it's a good idea."

Lionel was indeed tired, so he complied. They crashed into his bed and fell asleep almost instantly. In the middle of the night, Lionel got thirsty and wanted to get up to get water. He found himself unable to do so when he saw that Antoine had completely wrapped his body around him. He sighed. He wasn't that thirsty anyway.

When morning came, Lionel was the first to get up. He kissed Antoine like he always did every time they woke up in the same bed and got up. It felt good to be close to him again.

"Did you kiss me?"

Lionel froze mid step. He had in-fact, just kissed Antoine. He turned around to face him and nodded with a small smile forming on his face. Antoine returned it and yawned.

"Okay come here, I want more kisses."

Lionel didn't hesitate. He  moved quickly to his lover's side and kissed him passionately.

"I just want you to know you're gonna lose the next game," Antoine whispered against Lionel's  lips.