§3§

Duncan woke up earlier, and as soon as he dressed in his outfit, he raced down the hall, running and running, trying to find Renesmee.
"Renesmee?!" He shouted, passing the orphan shack, and Violet Baudelaire, who was awake, crept outside to figure out what the commotion was.

"Excuse me?" She asked. "What's going on?" The wind blew Violet's hair back, and she saw Duncan running around, shouting for Renesmee. She sighed at receiving no answer and goes back in the shack.

Duncan felt like he was running around for hours. Renesmee was nowhere to be found. He turned a corner and slowed his running to a walking. He kept walking until he heard heavy breathing. There on the floor, Renesmee was laying, shivering. Duncan sighed, but crouched down, and gave her a little shake.

Renesmee's eyes fluttered open to reveal her bright green eyes. "Duncan?" She asked, her voice a soft raspy. "Where am I?" She questioned.

"I don't know, I thought you did though," Duncan said.

" I don't, the last thing I remember is running," Renesmee said, sitting up, rubbing her eyes. "God, my head is pounding."

Duncan stood up and offered her his hand, which she stared at for a minute, before placing her hand into his. He pulled her up, and she flew, crashing into him. "Sorry." He apologized.

"It's okay." She said, before fixing her uniform.

"Okay, oh, by the way, you don't dislike Isadora right?" Duncan questioned.

Renesmee stares at him, wide eyes. "No, why?" Renesmee asked.

"She thought you did because you always seem to leave when she came around," Duncan explained.

Renesmee shook her head, her long brown hair falling in her face.
"No, Duncan?" She question, her melodic voice quiet.

Duncan stared at her. "Yea?" He asked.
"Why do you care so much? I mean, you barely know me!" She blurted, finding that she had no filter on her mouth.

Duncan stared at her for a minute, before speaking, "I care because I know what its like to be an outcast, to be bullied, I understand!" Duncan explained.
"And I want to be your friend, but its hard to be when your running off."

Renesmee looked down, whispering, "I'm sorry." Duncan looked at her.

"Hey, it's okay," He said, realizing he had hurt the younger, by a year, girl's feelings. He grabbed her hand, and she looked up at him. "How about this, we go back to the broom closet, get Isadora and then head to class?" He suggested.

Renesmee smiled, "i'd like that."

~~~

Renesmee raced through the empty hall, her hair was flung back by the wind, and her lungs gasped for air. Finally, Renesmee slowed to a stop, realizing she had lost the 2 boys Carmelita had sent after her. She felt like she could collapse.
She turned, opening the door to the broom closet, stepping in, the door still open.
"Where is it?" She muttered, looking around the tiny space.

"Looking for something Cafe Sniffer?!" Carmelita barked, appearing in the doorway, the 2 boys standing behind her, cracking their knuckles.

Renesmee swirled around, fear in her eyes. There in Carmelita's hand was her great grandmother's necklace. "Carmelita, please give it back to me!" She cried.

Carmelita mocked her, before cackling, "No, in fact, I think I'll keep for myself!" She snorts. She snapped her fingers, and the 2 boys walk into the room, the first one grabbed her amd threw her down, and together they kicked her in her gut over and over, before one of them spat on her, punching her in the face, knocking her out.

Carmelita giggles, and once the 2 boys are out of the closet, she slams the door shut, and one of the boys goes and gets a chair from a classroom, letting Carmelita stick it under the door knob, before putting on the necklace, and tap dancing away.