Chapter 27 (Zander's P.O.V)

As I look around the corner with Tomas on my back, I look back to see if any one or thing is following us. Thank goodness there isn't. I whistle to get their attention before going to hide in the closest room near me. I hear two of them run past the door to go look for who whistled, the third one stops in front of the door. I look down and saw his feet. I notion to Tomas to stay quiet as I hold the door knob so he thinks it's locked, somehow it works and he hurries to catch up with his pals.

I sigh in relief before leaving the room and running towards the exit. Once we get out of that horrible house, I run to where Clay and I split. All I see is a large group of wolves near the tree line, which, I'm guessing, is the territory line. "Shit," I mutter under my breathe. "Hold on to me tight, ok? We're going to take the high road" I say to Tomas before jumping and climbing up a tree.

Once were up in the tree, I start to jump from tree to tree as fast as I could without hurting Tomas any more. Once were above the pack of wolves, I see clay laying on the ground, bleeding so I hurry to the tree line and carefully jump down. "Tomas, quickly go to your house and dial this number and tell the person that Clay is in danger by another pack. They should know where to go." I say as Tomas gets off my back and I hand him a paper before he runs off.

Once Tomas is gone, I am able to go help clay. I pull him further from the territory line and I shake him to see if he will respond. He opens his eyes slowly and I tap his nose more. "Clay!! Wake Up!!," I yell, trying desperately but to no avail. The last think I could think of trying might hurt me. I sigh before I stick my thumb into his wound on his leg.

Clay wakes up from the pain and quickly latches down on my arm. I scream in pain but I don't hit Clay to get him off of me. "C-clay... can you stop biting me..," I say. It takes him a moment to realize who it was and what he did but when he did, he released my arm. I rip my shirt and make a bandage for my arm. I ask him, "do you think you have the strength to transform?" He looks up an me and nods before transforming.

Once he transforms, he yells in immense pain. I quickly take the rest of my shirt and press in on to the wound in his leg.