Elena

It was decided that Jeremy would do the eulogy. Apparently Elena was there and she had something to say to all of us.

"Alaric. I never got the chance to say goodbye. I want you to take care of Damon. Don't let him flip the switch. Ember needs him now more than ever. Thank you for taking care of Jeremy and I." After a long silence which I assume was Jeremy's he turned and faced Bonnie.

"Bonnie. I want you to make sure Ember is okay. You've been my best friend ever since I can remember. And I want to thank you for that. You too, please make sure Damon is always right there by Ember. She already lost her mom. She doesn't need to loose her dad." He turns toward Ember.

"Ember. Hey. It's mommy. I love you so much baby. I'm so sorry I had to leave you. I'm gonna miss you so much. But remember I'll always be right here with you. Because I love you. I'm so sorry that you had to loose me. But this is life. And I was so selfish. I chose to believe that we would live a thousand years with no problem. With no Klaus. But I want you to know that no matter what I will always be with you. Take care of daddy for me okay?" She nods, tears pouring down her face. She turns and sobs into Caroline's leg.

"Caroline. I'm sorry you had to be there when I died. No matter what, don't stop fighting. Protect Ember at all costs. Just remember I'm not gonna be far away. Your friendship meant so much to me. I love you Care. You too. Please don't let Damon leave Ember alone." He turns.

"Tyler. I want you to know that your friendship meant a lot to me. Going out on a limb to protect me. I want you to do the same for Ember. I'm sure you know what my next request is going to be." Soon I hear muttering. Then I can see Elena.

"Bonnie is she alive?!"

"No. I dropped the veil a little. You deserve final moments with her."

"I'll make this quick before any of your supernatural enemies come to kill you." I look down, tears trailing down my face. Elena makes me look at her.

"I love you, Damon. I will always love you. Somewhere deep inside I hope you'll always love me. But if you move on I'm okay with that. From the first moment I met you I knew it was you. Then you compelled me to forget you and I met Stefan. But eventually I realized that it's not the universe that brought us together. It's just us. Because we fell in love. And that magnetic force may push us together but it's our love that made you whole again. And I want you to remember all the good times. Because you're the only person that really got me. Even in death you made me feel alive."

"Please don't leave me." I fall on my knees sobbing.

"I don't have a choice, baby."

"Please." I sob and plead.

"Damon I don't have much time. Please always protect Ember. And for us both if I ever do come back, don't flip that switch." I nod, then she brings my head up to hers. She kisses me more passionately then she ever has.

"Close your eyes. C'mon. Close your eyes. Now count to three."

"I," I mutter.

"2," She says.

"3." I open my eyes and she's gone. In my hand is the locket I gave her and her wedding ring. I put her ring on the chain with the locket then I put it in my pocket. We all put white rocks around the stone that reads:

Elena Salvatore

June 14th, 1992-September 12th, 2014

Loving mother, wife, best friend, daughter, and sister.

"That's what love should be. You should love the person that makes you glad to be alive."

My stone is last, and in sharpie: I love you. I pick Ember up and she cries into my shoulder.

"It's gonna be okay baby. I promise." She nods, then we go inside.

"Daddy?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I have something of mama's?"

"Sure, sure." I go into our closet then I pull out a black t-shirt. I squat down to Ember's height and I hand her the shirt. She smiles as she smells it.

"It smells like mama's perfume." I nod.

"Remember what she said. She'll always be right here." She nods then goes into her room. I go downstairs and everyone looks at me.

"H-how are you Damon?" Caroline asks.

"I've seen better days."

"Elena says don't be a cocky bastard." I smile.

"That was always your favorite thing to say to me." I smile. Elena leaves and when it's 8:00 I go upstairs to tuck Ember in. She sits there drawing on the chalkboard wall in her room.

"Hey. Time for bed." She nods and gets in her PJ's.

"Why did mama have to go?" She asks shakily.

"She didn't have a choice. Some people have choices in this world. Others don't. Mama didn't have a choice. Her life was taken from her." She nods and closes her eyes. I brush her hair out of her face, then I gently lean down and kiss her forehead.

"Goodnight Emmy."

"Night daddy." I turn her light out then I walk out of her room closing her door. Everyone leaves then I get a knock on the door.

"Hey Damon. I just need a blood bag. Where's Elena?" Stefan asks. I walk outside shutting the door behind me. I lead him over to the willow trees.

"It was Klaus. He tore her heart from her chest as I watched as our daughter watched. He killed her Stefan."

"Why isn't your humanity off?"

"Her last wish. I have to stay strong for Ember. I'm the only parent she has left."

"I'm so sorry Damon."

"I'll get you that blood bag. Then I'm going to bed." He nods and I grab him a couple blood bags, then he leaves. I change into my pajamas. I grab Elena's favorite shirt then I climb in bed, without her warmth. There's no I love you. There's no her.