The Start of Love *Edited*

The activities taking place in the last few months are still occurring. It's been 5 months since that interesting morning and night, and things are only heating up. Yet, I can't help but admitting that I'm starting to feel something other than, y'know, consuming lust, desire, pure, red hot, attraction and need. I'm beginning to feel like Damon was right, that this is the start to something, and like an idiot I decided to ask him for theories on this predicament.

~Earlier that day~

"Damon?"

"Yes? If you're wanting to jump into bed already, it's only 8:00 and as much as I like you without clothes, you look amazing in them as well."

"No, I just wanted to talk to you." I sit down on the couch and I throw my legs over his lap. "I started feeling something different during our extracurricular activities." He chuckles at my description then closes the book his was reading. "Like?"

"I don't know. Just I get butterflies in the pit of my stomach when you kiss me and then when everything happens my heart flutters like a cliché teenage girl."

"You are a teenage girl."

"I'm not cliché. Just please help me, Damon?" He sighs then moves his finger in a come hither motion. I sit up and scoot towards him, sitting on my knees. "Well damn Elena, come here I'm not going to bite." I laugh at his pun then I scoot closer to him.

"Sit completely still, don't move until I tell you to." I nod in understanding. He sits cross-legged on the couch then pulls me onto his lap. He brushes my hair away from my face, behind my ear, then leans down slowly and kisses me passionately. I stand still like he said. When he pulls back I open my eyes, my head fuzzy with something other than lust. I crawl off his lap and I sit like he is.

"Now, what do you feel?" He asks. "Butterflies." I answer before tugging my bottom lip between my teeth. "Just as I suspected." I tilt my head at him curiously. "What?"

"Miss Elena, I think these five months of great sex have caused you to develop feelings for me."

"Wait, hold on... That's your theory? That I have feelings for you?"

"There's a word for that, Elena." I raise an eyebrow at him. "L-O-V-E." I swallow hard. "I'm not falling in love with you, Damon." He lifts a shoulder. "I can wait. I have an eternity to do so." I stare at him. "Did you flip the switch?" His face contorts into one of chagrin. "No! Why the hell would you ask that?"

"I don't know, because it seems like you don't care!"

"What am I supposed to say, Elena? Do you want me to say all of the things you don't want to hear? Because I sure as hell don't want to say them! I'm tired, Elena! I'm tired of consistently exposing my feelings for you just to get slapped in the face! You know what I want, you know how I feel, you don't need to hear it again!" I stare at him and he stares back. "Damon-"

"Don't." He whispers. "Just... Don't." He pushes me back on the couch and I stare up at him. "Just kiss me." I stare up at him for a moment, hurt and need both written across his face like words on a page. I pull his head down to mine and I kiss him softly, pulling him closer to me.

~Later that night~

I walk around his bedroom, taking the rare chance to explore. Damon is running a feeding errand, picking up some blood bags from Meredith in exchange for his blood. I scan all the books on his mahogany shelf until I come to a black one without a title. I pull it out from the bookshelf then I lay face down and I pull the string out of the page, shocked to see Damon's amazing handwriting covering the page.