Ember Rose Salvatore

A cry fills the room as Elena falls back on the bed. I look over at Meredith who's gone.

"Where'd she go?"

"Cleaning Ember up." I go over to Elena's side.

"Hey. Ember's here. She's here."

"Where? Where's our little girl?"

"She's getting cleaned up."

"I'm sorry Damon."

"For what?"

"For yelling at you."

"You were in pain. It's all worth it. Because our little girl is here." The door opens. I look over and Elena sits up.

"Are you two ready to meet Ember?" My heart starts beating rapidly. I wrap my arm around Elena. She extends her arms toward Meredith. She gently places a pink bundle in her arms. Pulling back the blanket, she reveals a sleeping newborn. Elena looks up at me.

"She's ours Damon." She yawns, stretching her little arms then she opens her eyes.

"She has your eyes, Damon. And she has my hair." I look at the little girl. My girl.

"C-can I?" Elena gently places her in my arms. I pull the blanket back a little more.

"She has your adorable nose. And my lips."

"Damon she's beautiful." Elena starts crying, smiling bigger than I've ever seen. Everyone comes inside, slowly then Elena smiles at them. Jeremy comes over to us. He sits on the edge of the bed, looking at the baby in my arms.

"Everyone, meet our daughter. Ember Rose Salvatore, meet your crazy family." Ember stares up at everybody with her crystal blue eyes. My eyes. Her beautiful brown hair reminds me of Elena's. I hand her to Jeremy.

"Damn. She's a perfect mix of you and Elena."

"Let's just wait and see what her personality is." Elena says. I laugh then pull her in for a kiss. Jeremy hands Ember to Bonnie.

"She's so beautiful. There's no surprise. Elena's one of the most gorgeous girls on earth and Damon is apparently the eternal stud." Elena laughs and lays on my chest. Caroline holds her next.

"God she is going to be beautiful when she grows up."

"That means if any guy tries to put his paws on her I have the right to eat him."

"Ditto."

"We'll take turns." I smile at her.

Ember goes to Ric, Tyler and then finally Meredith. She goes back in Elena's arms, secure in her pink bundle. I grab her first outfit, a pair of white footie pajamas. We put her in her bed, then Elena yawns.

"You should get some rest, baby." She nods then turns on her side.

"See you guys tomorrow." They wave goodbye. Curling up with Elena, I take one final look at the little girl in the bed.

"Welcome to the family Ember Rose."