ch.13

~Hazel~

Now that guy was odd. He walked through the little Tiber, whilst holding an old woman, controlled the water, and weirdest of them all?

Reyna was nice to him!!

Also, what's camp half-blood?

He was apparently an amnesiac, and didn't remember why she was nice to him, why he was here, or even his name...

The hipster lady, whom the guy, apparently called Percy according to Reyna, had carried, stood up and dusted her dress. The old lady began to glow and change form. She grew until she was a shining seven foot tall goddess in a blue dress, with a cloak that looked like goat's skin over her shoulders. Her face was stern and stately. In her hand was a staff topped with a lotus flower.

If it was possible for the campers to look more stunned, they managed to do the impossible.

Reyna knelt. We followed her lead. A boy got down so hastily he almost impaled himself on his sword.

I was the first to speak. "Juno."
Frank and I also fell to our knees, leaving Percy the only one standing.

"Juno, huh?" he said. ''If I passed your test, can I have my memory and my life back?''
The goddess smiled. ''In time, Percy Jackson, if you succeed here at camp. You've done well today, which is a good start. Perhaps there's hope for you yet.''

She turned to the us. ''Romans, I present you the son of Neptune. For months he has been slumbering, but now he is awake. His fate is in your hands. The Feast of Fortune comes quickly, and Death must be unleashed if you are to stand any hope in the battle. Do not fail me!''

Juno shimmered and disappeared. Percy looked at me and Frank for some kind of explanation, but we were just as confused as he was.

I looked at Frank, who was holding something I hadn't noticed before - two small clay flasks with cork stoppers, like potions. One in each hand. I had no idea where they'd come from, but Percy saw Frank slip them into his pockets. Frank gave him a look like: We'll talk about it later.

Reyna stepped forward. She examined Percy warily.

''So,'' she said coldly, ''a son of Neptune, who comes to us with the blessing of Juno.'' I was confused, it was like she had completely forgotten how she knew Percy at all.

''Look,'' he said, ''my memory's a little fuzzy. Um, it's gone, actually. Do I know you?''
Reyna hesitated.

''I am Reyna, praetor of the twelfth Legion. And... no, I don't know you.''
That last part was a lie. I could tell from her eyes. But I also understood that if Percy argued with her about it here, in front of her soldiers, she wouldn't appreciate it.

''Frank,'' said Reyna, ''We'll send him to Octavian. We must consult the auguries before we decide what to do with him. Then, bring him inside. I want to question him at the principia.''

"What do you mean,'' Percy asked, "'decide what to do with' me?''
Reyna's hands tightened on her dagger. Obviously she was not used to having her orders questioned.

''Before we accept anyone into camp, we must interrogate them and read the auguries. Juno said your fate is in our hands. We have to know whether the goddess has brought us a new recruit ...''

Reyna studied Percy as if she found that doubtful.
''Or,'' she said more hopefully, ''if she's brought us an enemy to kill.''

~Percy~

As soon as mother caught the attention of the demigods, I quickly erased the memory of myself from Reyna's mind, she'll get her memory back as soon as the Greek demigods come to camp Jupiter. I walked around camp Jupiter, and once Frank and I were alone, I gestured for him to take the two vials of gorgon blood out.

He took it out with caution.

''I don't know what it is but it seemed dangerous so I thought that I would take care of it.'' He stammered out.

''Good decision Frank. Now, are you unclaimed?'' Frank studied my face as if to say, 'how on earth would you know that?' but ignored it for now.

''Yes...I pray to my dad everyday, but he doesn't seem to respond. I hope he's Apollo though...'' I eyed the bow and arrow, but then at his muscles. How could no one guess? Buzz-cut hair, burly arms usually equal to son of Mars/Ares.

I guess it's because Mars is the patron god of Rome... It's like having the son of Zeus in Greece. Something important, that you wouldn't want odd balls like Frank, who lacked confidence and had a somewhat baby face.

''Can you take me to this augur person then? and what is an augur?'' I knew, but I wanted to seem amnesic.

''An augur is a kind of a prophet. He hears the word of the gods by offering sacrifices to them, and decides who joins the legion. Our auger is called Octavian... I personally hate him...''

''Oh, well if he sacrifices animals and thinks he's a prophet, I wonder why people like him.''

''Yeah, he's been running to be the praetor ever since the last one, the son of Jupiter, Jason disappeared eight months ago.''

''Does he have anyone supporting him? ''I said through slight giggles.

''Sadly yes. he does. Although he's as horrible as Dakota when he's drunk, he at least is very good at convincing people.''

''Who's Dakota?''

''He's the son of Bacchus, when he gets drunk, it's normally on sugar, and he's got ADHD...''he shuddered at the thought ''...never a good pair''

''Okay! we're here!'' Frank and I stopped in front of a large white temple which said Iovi on it's front.

We went in, and the first thing I noticed was the giant statue of Jupiter, holding a metre long zigzag golden lightning bolt.

''It doesn't look like that.''

''What?''

''The lightning bolt. It doesn't look like that.''

''What are you talking about'' Frank wondered, I noticed my slip up and immediately answered,

''Maybe my memories are coming back?''

''Hmm, I'm no-'' Frank was cut off by a guy, suddenly popping out of a large mountain of the intestines, the heart, and all of the other organs of a bear, a panda, and a rabbit...Loads of fluff.

''Eat that suckers!!''The boy yelled, cutting open another stuffed toy.

''Umm, Octavian...?''Frank said.

A boy wearing jeans, a purple shirt, much like the other campers, and a toga came out of the fluff. He was quite tall, but very skinny. His face was as pale as Nico's, and he had a mop of platinum blond hair on his head. As he saw us, his face grew redder and redder, until he looked like a tomato.

''You shall not speak of this to anyone! ''he hissed. 'Kay, I don't like him.

''Octavian, this is Percy Jackson, the son of Neptune. Reyna has asked for you to put Percy in the legion.''

''Fine! He shall join the 5th cohort!''

''Thank you, legacy of Apollo! ''I said, amused by the look of surprise on both Frank and Octavian's face.

''Now, it's time to visit Reyna, praetor of Rome.''

Edited.