ch.5

Gods names from Percy's p.o.v.

Hera: mother
Artemis: mom
Persephone: little sis/Sephone
Hades: father
Apollo: dad/bro
Hestia: big sis/Stia

~Artemis~

I watched my adoptive son grow for eleven years, nearly twelve, and looked at him with pride.

It was brilliant that we all got to teach him to respect women and see them as his equal. Due to this, although he had become stronger than some of us gods, he never looked down on us.

Some people may think he's modest but he's just respectful.

After we heard the prophecy, he wasn't fazed at all by it. He just stared blankly at Apollo, and finally said.

"I'm going to have to go to Olympus haven't I?''

"Yes, but aren't there bigger things to fear more than meeting the gods?'' I asked.

"Oh, I'm not that worried about being the child of the prophecy, but I doubt I'm the 'hero' in this though. I don't own a 'cursed blade' the only thing that's true is that I'm the child of the eldest gods, four of them in fact.''

"Yes, I think it's finally time to present you to the Olympian Council.'' I wished that we could just live peacefully. Hera had flashed herself to Olympus to call upon my fellow Olympians. I flashed Thalia, Zoë, Phoebe and Percy to Olympus. Apollo, Hestia, Hades and Persephone flashed as well.

I conjured up three guest seats for the gods. My Lieutenants and son stood. I sat on my throne and the meeting begun.

~Percy~

The rest of the Olympians arrived with a dramatic flash.
I made sure my hood was up.

Zeus boomed.
"Wife, why do you call upon this meeting, and who is this boy?''

"I have been keeping a secret from you, my King.''

"You dare to!?"

"Listen to me brother." Hera shut him up with a glare, backed up with Artemis' glare, and much to Zeus' surprise, Hestia's glare too. "First, swear that you will respect my decision and that you'll be reasonable. Swear it on the river Styx, all of you.''

"As the leader of the council, I swear on the river Styx'' Zeus boomed.

"Thirteen years ago, Poseidon had a child with a woman named Sally Jackson. The child's name was Perseus, or Percy, which he prefers.''

My 'father' looked down in shame at the fact that he broke the oath twice.

Mother continued.
"Sally remarried a man named Gabe, who abused Percy. He's also was the stepfather of Peter Johnson. Percy lived a normal life minus the abuse until he was five. On the way home, the mother and son were attacked by a hellhound, the mother had died, and with rage, Percy killed the beast.''

She took a breath, and the Olympians looked around, a bit nervous, wondering how strong the boy is now if he killed a hellhound at the age of five.

"Sally's dying words were a wish. She wished for all gods who have either no children or are not appreciated by them to adopt Percy as their own. We heard that wish and, I adopted him, as well as Hestia, Artemis, Apollo, Hades and Persephone.''
The gods were about to stand up to argue but were tied down by an invisible force. A force bound to the oath of the river Styx.

"Percy has the power over water, fire, animals, food, light, hunting, shadows, the dead, wind, archery and many more...''
Zeus stood up, fighting against his oath.

"Why her? Why listen to a mortal's wish?'' He boomed, his face purpling with rage.

"I shall answer that father.'' Said, mom. Her face was colouring as well, for the same reason as her father, just that she absolutely resented him now. Even more so than before.

"As you know, I am always looking out for women and girls who have the potential to be one of my followers. Sally Jackson was one of the most strong-willed people I have ever met. For her bravery, I wanted to make her my hunter even after she gave birth to Percy. I had always left a space for her in my hunt. Watching her die was one of the hardest things for me, like watching my actual sister die. I granted her wish because she also, along with Percy was abused by Gabe Ugliano, and I thought that even if I detest men if I raise one myself to be respectful, would that man be abusive and pig-like. It was an experiment for me.''
All of the gods who had something against me shut up.

"I granted her wish because I am a virgin goddess yet I am the goddess of family. I did not know what it felt like to be in a family or how to raise one. I also chose to be an eternal virgin because of a single god. Not the entire population of males. I intend to raise many men so that they will be more caring and respectful.''
Big Sis said.

The goddesses all nodded in agreement and the gods looked down in shame.

"When I adopted him, it was right after I had a fight with Ares, who took Zeus' side in an argument. My own son did not respect his mother. I am the goddess of marriage and I admired Sally for marrying a horrible man to protect her son's aura and scent with her husband's odour. She promised me that her son will grow to be respecting. That is why I adopted him.''
Ares was hiding his face, Lol.

"I adopted Percy because of his knowledge. He knew what my wife's domain was and who she and I were from first glance when he was five. I wanted to raise a son who was not depending only on power, was not rash and was tactical, unlike most of my brother's children. Persephone adopted him because we were not blessed by children, and we were in the Underworld.'' Father said.

Demeter stood up and ran to her daughter and hugged her tightly.

"I wanted Percy as my son because at first, I opposed Artemis's decision, but slowly found reason in her words. I pitied him and made him my own.'' Dad said.

After all of my parents said their reasons, the Council looked down in shame, they seemed to be having a silent debate on whether to kill me or not.

Mom spoke up.
"If you decide to kill him because of his power, be sure to take notice that you will be facing our wrath, as well as the hunters of Artemis and the Underworld and be sure to understand that he himself has enough power to fade you.''
They seemed to cower at her glare.

Finally, the mighty drama king spoke up.
"Where is this Percy. Shouldn't he be here at his own judgement?''

"I am here'' I said.

The gods looked around not knowing where the source of the voice was.

I took off my hood, for the first time in front of the people who aren't my family.

Edited.