Chapter: Maybe

P.O.V Mavis

I was fuming furious, "How dare he treat her like that! After she treated him as nakama, after she let him inside her heart, after he trusted him! He pays her back like this!".

It had pass a week since Levy and Acnolia began their training, and he had been pushing her to an extreme limit "I don't even know if she could survive a month...".

Levy wakes up at six a.m sharp, has physical training until twelve o'clock, then learns dragon slayer's enchantments till mid night, spares against Acnolia for an hour, eats her only meal per day and goes to sleep.

I gazed down at the sleeping and very bad beaten Levy. She had cuts and burning marks all over her body, some of them still open or burning! "He can't be so cold hearted!".

I flew in front of Acnolia and woke him up with a magic blast of mine- Arg!- he growled.

-Shut up!- i hissed/whispered concerned to wake Levy up from her only rest- She is still sleeping!

-Why would i care if i wake her up?!- he growled, his tone high and annoyed, glaring at me.

-You can't be this damn idiot!- i could feel my eyes watering from frustration as i glared back- Look at her!- i pointed at the bloody mess of blue haired, which was shivering from pain and cold, under a big tree- She is so fucking tired and injured that our yelling doesn't even make her stir!

-That's because she is weak!- he barked back. "That's it!" i shot him with another magic blast but this time stronger.

-She is not weak!- now i was crying "Why does his heart be full of hatter and darkness?!"- She only eats once per day, and not even a decent meal! She works her body with no stop for nineteen hours, and her wounds aren't healed yet! You expect her to fight as a dragon as if she had been her entire life, but she is not! She is human! Like it or not...- i locked my gaze with his cold eyes "He doesn't even care... you are wasting your time with him Levy, you are too much for him"- I bet that she changed her mind about you and about having goodness in your heart, after seeing what kind of a monster you are... Surely the only reason she hadn't left you yet was because she is afraid of you killing her friends if she do it.

With all that said i returned to Levy's side and tried to heal as much as i could.

P.O.V Acnolia

I didn't want to show it but Mavis's words really hurt me... "What are you talking about?!... Just look at that little girl she is nothing more than a weak, in experienced and annoying brat!" i scolded myself.

Thoughtlessly my gaze fall upon my dragon slayer... and i felt my heart, which i didn't knew i still had, break into a million pieces. The little girl's body was awfully hurt and bruised... "And it's all my fault... Mavis was right Levy surely only stays with me because she thinks that i would eat her friends. Perfect! The only creature that didn't fear me and trusted me now loathes me. Why do i always need to ruin things!".

The next morning

When i woke up i noticed that she was already up and ready to begin her training... but the most annoying thing was the stupid grin she was wearing "What's wrong with this girl?!".

-Today i'm not in the mood to bother with an insignificant little girl like you!- i barked. Closing back my eyes pretending to be asleep but the small giggle that approached my ears told me that she knew i was acting.

"Damn! Why do i even care?!"- Thank you dad- she softly murmured laying down on the ground. Hearing her calling me dad so familiar and happily stuck a cord in me.

-I'm not your dad!- i roared but sleep had already claimed her. Anger was boiling inside of me "I'm not a damn pansy, i should have killed her when i had the chance!".

-Maybe i was the one who was wrong with you Acnolia- Mavis confessed with a small smile and a pink blush on her cheeks, kissing my cheek before flying towards the little girl and sleeping next to her.

The same feeling that raised when the little girl called me dad came back. However, this time i wasn't that sure that it was anger... it was a warm and spread fast through my veins, quickening my breath "What is wrong with me?! I had never felt like this... not even as human...". Indeed it was a strange feeling although, that didn't mean it was a bad one.

I gazed towards the two witches i must live with for the next seven years and growled angrily when i saw the little girl shivering from cold "Fucking wind! Why can't i control you?!". I covered her with my tail and wing, trying to warm her up. A smile spread into my features as she snuggled against me "Maybe they weren't so insignificant... Don't get me wrong! Human still are insects... but not her. She was different... i don't know why but i must protect her... No, i must GUARD her! She is not leaving my sight, after all she is MY dragon slayer! Also, she will be the BEST!".

With that last thought i went to sleep.

P.O.V Levy

I was very happy! Acnolia made a progress "I told you first master that you shouldn't have worried about me" i partied in my head while i acted as if i was sleeping. Although at the same time my happiness was mixed with embarrassment, i had just called him 'DAD!'.

Gajeel, Natsu and Wendy always said that their dragons were like adopted parents to them... so as i was always an orphan, i kind of... get a bit carried away... "I'm really stupid!" i deadpanned myself in my head as i recalled his yell "Now i ruined everything i worked so far this week".

I got depressed "All this injuries for nothing... You can't give up just now Mc Garden! I need a plan..." however my train of thoughts was stopped by a cold breeze that made me shiver "I really hate winter!".

Out of the blue i felt something covering me. It was hard... rough... but warms indeed "Could it be?". I smiled to myself and snuggled against Acnolia happily "Maybe i haven't lost. Also, i think i could learn to like winter a little bit more... THIS ISN'T OVER YET!".