Chapter 14

As soon as the car had arrived on location Evie could tell that this wasn’t going to be your typical opening scene.

They were on your average street in the city of Seattle, but on the top of the nearest building was the movie crew fully equipped with a harness and below the building they were blowing up what looked like a big mattress.  Seems like Theo’s stunt man sure had his work cut out for him.

When they stepped out of the vehicle Theo and Jenna were swept away towards a fancy trailer and she was taken over to a table with every kind of food imaginable.

How did stars not get fat with all this amazing food around? Evie saw about a million things she wanted to eat but her stomach wouldn’t allow it.

She had felt uneasy ever since Theo had cornered her against the car, her mind working in overdrive trying to come up with a reason for his behavior. What she really didn’t want to think about was how much she had enjoyed it.

She had successfully ignored her feelings earlier in the day but it was becoming increasingly more difficult as time passed.

“Evi- Samantha! There you are.” Theo greeted her as he came walking up decked out in a torn tight black t shirt, jeans that had seen better days, and fake dirt smeared on his arms and a little bit on his face. There was even a bloody gash on his cheek just like hers.

“Who exactly are you playing in this movie?” She wasn’t quite sure what the movie was about, but after taking one look at him she knew girls would be lining up to see it.  The dirt and torn clothes just seemed to make him hotter.

“As you can see, it’s an action film,” he gestured to his outfit, “but the quick summary is that I’m playing a smart spy who collects rare and stolen artifacts.”

“Good thing you actually are a genius, maybe you won’t have to act too much.” Evie joked, getting ready to ask him about earlier when Jenna came sauntering over. Now that she was out of her shooting clothes Evie could see why she had been picked for the female lead.

She was absolutely gorgeous, with legs that went on forever and long blonde hair; any guy that saw her probably wanted to sleep with her. She was currently wearing a pair of beat up capris and a white tube top that barely covered anything and she looked amazing.

“I’ve been looking everywhere for you!” Jenna giggled, latching herself onto Theo’s arm. “The director wants us on top of the building in twenty minutes so we can shoot our kissing scene.”

The “do me right now” look she gave him had probably gotten men to get down on one knee and propose, but she just bit her lip and waving goodbye sauntered off. 

“Kissing scene?” Evie asked nervously.

Something about it left her feeling more uneasy than she had been earlier. She just couldn’t get her thoughts organized enough to figure out why. There was just too much going on.

“Apparently we are doing one of those jumpstart opening scenes from the future and then the movie really starts and goes back to 2 days earlier.” Theo started to run his hands through his hair signaling that he was nervous again, “So we have to kiss right before we jump off the building together.”

“Wait, you two are actually jumping off the roof?” Evie nervously glanced at the building that only seemed to be getting taller, “I assumed stunt men would be doing that.” There was no way she wanted him jumping off a building even if he was in a harness. It was ten stories up!

“It’s no big deal. I have done it in other movies, and it is safer than it looks, I promise! It’s actually pretty fun.” He smiled, sticking his hands in his pockets. Evie tried really hard not to notice that his hands had made his pants drop down farther on his hips, exposing some of his amazing chest.