Chapter 13

Wearing this wig was going to get old real fast. 

She and Theo had just arrived at the gun range and her head was already starting to itch.

It was one of the sunniest days Washington had seen in a while so the director wanted to take advantage of it and teach the lead actors how to properly use guns. They were starring in an action film after all, but unfortunately the sun only made wearing the wig so much more uncomfortable.

“Do you want to take it off?” Theo asked looking at her in concern. She hadn’t really tried to hide her discomfort and he had noticed something was off in the car.

“I’m fine.”

Not.

“I don’t give up that easily which I thought you would have already learned about me after I beat you in our treadmill contest.” Evie bragged.

“That was completely unfair! I was running on an incline the whole time!”

“I never specified what the settings on the treadmill had to be.” Evie informed him trying her best to look innocent.

It didn’t work.

“Before we started you came over and changed the settings on my machine and I assumed you were going to do the same to yours. It doesn’t matter though because I know that I rightfully won.” He informed her before turning his back to exit the car as she did the same on the other side.

“Whatever helps you sleep at night.” She called across the car.

Before she had a chance to move away from the vehicle Theo was in front of her with his arms on either side of her head, pinning her against the car.

“Maybe instead of taunting me you should be thanking me.” He gently coaxed her.

Having him so close was interfering with her ability to breath but she didn’t want him to move away. Her stupid body was betraying her.

“And why would I do that?” she challenged him even though it came out more like a breathless whisper.

“Because I distracted you for a full…” taking one hand off the car he looked at his watch, “five minutes so you wouldn’t be concentrating on that wig of yours.”

With half of her wanting him to back off and the other half dying for him to move closer she was willing to say anything at this point, “Thank you for distracting me.”

“I’m sorry I couldn’t quite hear that? Let me get a little closer.” Before she knew what was happening his face was just inches away from hers, those blue eyes staring at her lips. He had to know what he was doing to her. The wicked glint in his eyes only confirmed her suspicions.

She couldn’t help herself as her tongue snaked out and wet her bottom lip causing his eyes to go from tranquil to stormy within seconds.

Right now Evie couldn’t seem to concentrate on anything, like for example why kissing Theo was a bad idea.

His eyes found their way to hers and he held her gaze until one of the crew members interrupted, “Theo stop distracting the poor girl we have work to do!”

Reality seemed to sink back in but before he moved away he leaned even closer to her ear and whispered, “You’re welcome.”

Backing away he left, walking in the direction that the crew member had gone leaving no time for Evie to try and piece together what had just happened.

With no other option but to follow him she walked in a daze in his wake until they reached an outdoor shooting range.

Seeing it brought back a lot of memories from her childhood when her dad had taken her out and taught her how to shoot. Every weekend they would come out and hit a couple targets right up until he passed away.