Chapter 10: Leaving My Home Realm

Leaving one place and going onto another is a hard task if you’ve become attached to the place of departure. I can see it in River’s eyes, too; we have both come to know my uncle’s quarters so well that we can’t leave for too long. Then again, we did go on an already very long journey. As I walk around the backyard, I notice a strange light shining from the pond.

When I take a closer look, I see a scroll in the middle of the water! Then I remember what Queen Brook told me: The Hydrix will reveal itself to you when the timing is right. So this is the Hydrix. I reach into the pond and take the cylinder out of the water. When I do, I find that the Hydrix is completely dry! After finding and retrieving the Hydrix, I run back into the house.

“River; River; where’s River?” At the sound of his name, River comes out of our room. “What is it Violet?”

“Look what I found!” I shriek with gaiety. “I found the Hydrix!” River hugs me like a vice. “That’s great, Violet! So what’s left?”

“Well, there’s the Terrix and the Helix. Katie should have found the Pyrix already. What’s our next location?”

Adam quite obviously sees this as a chance to prove his worth to Marie. He says “I think we should stop in Terrabyssia.”

Marie, although amused, has no problem expressing her feelings about this. “Oh, come on, Adam. Please don’t make them go there first. Why don’t we start at the Stone of Rella, then go on to Terrabyssia later? The others don’t know the place as well as us, and they might get frightened.”

“Alright, Marie; we can start there, if it makes you happy.”I begin to understand Marie’s concern with the idea of passing through Terrabyssia first. Anyone who is not from the Earth Realm, ergo someone who does not know what Terrabyssia is will be frightened by the things they see; I had the benefit of seeing the things that are practically invisible to a member of the Earth Realm.