Chapter 6: Mama Bear

 " A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled."

                                      ~Emily Dickinson

  "Or vise versa."

        ~Victoria

Money was never a problem until the past couple of weeks. Or should she say since she meet Frank. Being a patient woman was not in her character and Daisy thought that Frank acting like it was a new characteristic didn't sit well with her. Diamonds and fancy cars was what she lived for and Daisy didn't know if she could stay unless things begun to take a turn for the better. 

When she meet Frank, he was an ambitionist . He had goals and want to be on top. He wanted to be ahead of the Joneses and her family was way past them. The clan was at their peek. She didn't expect for then to take a fall from their riches

Sitting in the back seat of the black town car, Daisy  contemplated on her options. She could stay with Frank and stand by his side, which seemed extremely boring or leave him. She had her options and hoped that her decision came sooner. When the car pulled up, the driver jogged around it to help Daisy out ad escorted her to the front door. Oh, she felt like she was home, but she knew that she wasn't. She missed this dearly. Being catered to was something that she was born to have. People doing things for her and fetching things that she wanted. 

The door opened for her as a maid came to her side at once. "Can I take your coat Mrs. Harris?" The older woman asked.

Without saying a word, she took of her Alexander McQueen navy wool crepe peplum coat and hand it over to her stepping into the house. It was over ninety degrees outside, but you couldn't stop luxury fashion for anything. Although in the media they were saying negative things about their financial struggle, she still had to uphold her image. Depict that everything was fine but in realty things were spiraling out of control.

Her black suede Prada sandal pumps clicked against the hardwood floors as she made her way to the kitchen. It was lunch time and she knew that her mother was waiting on her meal from their head chef. At her parents house, there was always a certain way when it came down to doing things. It was one way and one way only. Growing up she remember having schedules everyday. She would wake up at seven-fifteen every morning when she was young. 

As a child, she was home schooled until she reached the age thirteen and started going to an all girl private school. With violin and piano lessons, being part of the Boys and Girls Club of America and studying hard for exams, she had a lot on her plate. 

"Momma?" Daisy called out to her mother as she entered the kitchen

"A Chinese chicken salad would do Don," the older woman said. "And try not to cook the chicken to much as it looses it's moisture."

Daisy watched as her mother strutted over  to her. When they say black don't crack, it was true. Her mother was in her mid seventies and she didn't have a wrinkle or blemish on her. In her Dolce and Gabbana grey slacks and white silk blouse, she looked nothing but elegant. Pearls were sported on her ears and neck and her feet were graced with tan Donna Karen heels. No one could tell Lily Shaw that she wasn't dressed to kill.

"Nice to see you my dear," Lily proclaimed kissing her on both cheeks. The chef poured to glasses of juice in glasses and handed them to Lily. "I knew you would come to your senses and finally leave that man. I heard about your troubles on the news. Sad that I couldn't hear it from the horse's mouth."

Daisy huffed." It's not like that mom," she retorted. "And it's not my troubles it's Frank's"

"You married him so they are your problems as well," Lily countered. "Sit down."