Chapter 12

“What?” I asked, “what the hell did you just say?”

“I want you.”

“What the hell, Kyle? You had your chance. You had it, and you threw it away so easily.”

“I know, but I have changed my mind since then. I want you to be with me. I want you back Chloe.” He said. He sounded sincere but I just wasn't buying it.

“What do you really want?” I hissed at him.

“That is what I want. I have missed you so much and I didn't realise just how much I missed you until I saw you with that, that thing! Don't deny that you don't have feelings for me too. I've noticed you looking at me. You want me back just as much as I want you.”

“No, no, no!” I shrieked. “I don't want you. I have Lily. I am happier with her than I ever was with you. So if you'll excuse me-” I started to get to my feet, when Kyle stood on my foot. He put all his weight onto my foot and I cried out as something in my ankle made a sickening crack. The tears where rolling down my face and Kyle laughed at my pain, his face twisted and warped and something dark and cruel burned in his eyes. I didn't know what it was but what I did know was that it had consumed him.

“Where do you think you were going? Back to your whore? What could you see in her anyway? She's nobody. She has nothing to give you. Nothing.” He barked. Venom dripped from his every word. I didn't know what to do.

“Lily is not a whore, you dumb animal.” I instantly regretted insulting him because he twisted his foot, which was still on top of mine and two more cracks came from my ankle. I screamed, the pain was antagonising.

“Don't,” he laughed, “I am a lot stronger than you. I want you to leave that wench of yours and I want-” I cut him short which a swift blow to his crotch and he doubled over momentarily, giving me sometime to put some distance between us. I sprung to my feet, fighting against the pain in my ankle as I propelled myself forward. I was moving pretty fast considering the current state of my foot and in my head I thought to myself, “come on, you can do this”. I made it onto the path before I heard the deafening thud of footsteps behind me only this time they were a lot faster. Using all the effort I could, I quickened my pace, nearing the end of the path before a body slammed into, knocking me clean of my feet. Kyle lay on top of me with his full weight on top off my chest. I put everything I into pushing his body off of mine but he grabbed my wrists and pinned them above my head effortlessly.

“Like I told you, I am a lot stronger than you and I am twice as fast as you. I could crush you so easily. I don't like having to use force, I don't like hurting you but you left me no choice.” I kept quiet, turning my face away from his, then wishing I hadn't. “Look at me,” he growled. Using his free hand, he took hold of my neck and turned my graze to meet his. “It's rude not to look at people when they talk to you, Chloe,” and with that he brought his lips down forcefully on to mine, and jammed his tongue down my throat. In my reaction, I squirmed underneath him and tried to break away from him but when my efforts seemed useless I decided more drastic actions would be called for. I bit down hard on his tongue, so hard that I could taste the blood in my mouth. As expected, Kyle went reeling back and took a moment to regain himself. He slapped me across the face again. Again. Then he kiss me again, knowing that I wouldn't try anything. I lay there and I cried quietly. I don't know what to do. My body began to shake violently with pure fear.