Chapter 10

I woke early the next morning in an unfamiliar room. The room was quite large, with wooden flooring and huge mirrors that covered an entire wall of the room. The walls a creamy coffee colour. The double bed that I was sprawled across comfortably was situated in the middle of the room and there was cream coloured sheets draped over my body loosely. The room was so impersonal with very little personal possessions. There were the basic toiletries scattered across a white vanity on the far side of the room and single picture frame stood alone on a small chest of drawers. The clothes on the floor looked familiar and then it hit me. Those were my clothes. Then I remembered everything and I smiled contently to myself. I reached across the bed to find Lily and when I found her I stroked her hair. She looked so beautiful, even in her sleep. Her almond shaped face was scrunched up and half buried in her pillows and her hair was still up from the previous night. Lily moaned groggily and began to stir. She opened her eyes lazily and quickly found mine, nothing but sheer happiness behind her glare.

From that day things began to look up. Well, most things did anyway. The police still had no idea who had attacked me some time ago and they had no leads to help them but it seemed so long ago to me now that it hardly seemed important. People at school were beginning to lose interest in my life and began to turn their attention to fresher meat. I felt bad for the new kid, but I wasn't getting involved again. I know, I'm terrible. After so many years of making my life a living hell, they were finally allowing me to slip through their radar and letting me carry on with my life. Ally was finally beginning to come around. She put trust in Lily, and even on occasion, she opened up to Lily which is a huge thing for her. This was also a big deal for Lily too, she was glad Ally was acting like herself around her. It made everything more relax among the three of them. Lily felt welcomed, like now she really did belong there. It made things easier for our relationship too. There was no more awkwardness with Ally.

Which each day that passed, our relationship grew and our feelings for one another flourished like wild flowers. Never before had I felt like I belonged with anyone in my entire life, like I had a purpose to life or even a good reason to get out of my bed in the morning but with Lily I had all of those things. She made me feel loved. She loved me. She genuinely loved me for me and nothing less. She made everything feel right and positive. I felt invincible knowing I had her by my side, ready to take on the world together. She was everything I could have even asked for and she was mine. The relationship was perfect because she was perfect in my eyes.