The Game of Regions; GORS

We entered the library, sitting in front of the fire place, Corin brought a square shaped box and placed it on the floor, it was a dark brown box with different patterns and flags design on it, “I represent you, the game of regions,” said Corin very proudly to which I responded by laughing, but making sure no sound comes out of my mouth. “You watch too much TV, dear Minz,” Corin whispered, shaking his head, “We will teach you along the game, in short every player represents a region, he has to protect and conquer the other regions to win simple” Corin explained, Laen was smiling clearly showing it was his favorite game. “Gentleman, may the odds be in your favor,” I said in dramatic manners, Laen was looking at me with one eyebrow raised high as Mount Everest, “What? Prince Laen I understand you’re allergic to humans and techno, if not a movie… perhaps you should try reading a book, who knows, it might change your life forever.” which he responded by rolling his dark eyes. 

Corin placed his palm above the box and commanded “I call upon the brave soldiers of Prince Corin of Alfheim” to my surprise little tiny elf soldiers started coming out of the box, wow, Corin held his head up high showing off. Next was Laen who was way confident he stretched his arms and relaxed his knuckles, placing his palm above the box, “I call upon the fearless warriors of the Dark fae land!” and to his voice marched a tiny black amour army, they both were now looking at me. I cleared my throat and instead of speaking, I was praying, please let it be few f-16, couple of machine guns and commandos, I opened my eyes to speak but before I could march a small army of man in a white cloak with leaf belt around their waists and matching hair accessories with two swords on their back, “What on...” I exclaimed which was cut by Corin, who was looking at me and altered; “Heaven..” he said and we begin the game. 

Laen was way too good at it no wonder he acted so confident he was born to lead on the war field, Corin on the other hand was good too, but not as good at Laen nevertheless his soldiers were serious fighters, I was struggling at the start but getting the hang of it. In the final round, my three warriors were opposite to Laen fierce warriors, think fast think fast and out of nowhere I ordered to the first one “Become part of the ground and pull your opponent down!” and Laen warrior was pulled down into the earth, I addressed the second one “ Strike him with thunder!”  My tiny soldier’s thunder strike fried the second soldier, to the third one “With the full might and trust in the wind lift and throw him into the hardest and the farthest tree trunk!”  

My instructions were obeyed, I looked up from the war field to observe my opponents, “Did I, did I win?” to my surprise Laen facial expression were as he seen a ghost, he looked way more paler and Corin was laughing his head off, “Did I just lost to a girl?” said Laen in complete shock, “It’s just a silly game duh,” I said with a worried tone as I was not enjoying Laen loss. I cleared my throat a little, to light up the mood, “Gentlemen, Prince Corin and Prince Laen from this day onwards, if you needed my help, look far east as you will find me and my army there at your service.” I did not make it up that’s how it’s usually in books help from east or west. Laen totally ignored still struggling hard to accept his defeat, whereas Corin face was serious, “We shall remember you in our hard times.” I relaxed at least he plays along. Laen kissed my head and said Goodnight went to his room.

 I was making sure all the soldiers were back into the box, as Corin said I can keep the Game Of Regions (GORS), “Minz, just for a moment, if you were to speak your heart to me, what words of wisdom would you bestow me with?” he asked pouring himself some drink and sitting himself near the fireplace, “huh? Me? You do not need any; you already are a wise prince,” I said care freely then he looked forcefully into my eyes and time slowed down. I could see fire flicking slowly all the colors of the flame and I was lost in his golden eyes, “you cannot run away from destiny, you shall answer your call… your loved ones are always going to support you… we all have great faith in you... In time you shall have it too...”. “I...I am so sorry Corin I have no idea what’s wrong with me, please excuse me.”  Literally hating myself this time get a grip girl! “It does ok dear, do not be hard on yourself, I think you should rest now,” he said kindly. I wished him Goodnight and closed the library door behind shaking my head in my hand, I had GORS and that gift box which I completely forgot about.

 I walked into my room and a smile spread on my face “Mocky!” in a delighted voice like three years old, Mocky made a gesture with his wings and landed on my bed, but somehow he did not look very happy looking at me in a way asking where was I as he is waiting for me quite long. “I was with… Corin and Laen” and my voice faded as I knew he was not glad to hear it. “Aren't you one jealous and possessive birdie? Try a shrink birdie” I added with chuckles he pointed his fine sword quality, long thin beak towards the box I was holding “Oh Mocky! I feel so bad, I am one of the bad people now, I was just curious and I picked it which I shouldn't… I just ruined someone date… on a reality show of some sort… What a fool I am!” I spoke in an appealing tone to prove my innocence, crawling under my blanket wondering if anyone would vote for me or root for me, Mocky being himself; he pointed his beak again suggesting to open it, “No Mocky!”