9.

SYDNEY POV

   Sydney finished taking her bath, dressed in the black jumpsuit her saviour got her and ate what he bought her. She didn’t know what else to do after that since he asked her not to leave the room.

 After sitting around for some time, she decided to call up Lance, her co-actor to ask how things were going at the studio. She didn’t find her phone or purse, and hence used her saviour’s phone, which she found lying on the bedside table.

 “Lance this is Sydney.” She said after he answered.

  Lance gasped. “Sydney, where have you been? I called you a hundred times and your phone was not reachable.” He said.

  “Yes, I lost it.” She said. “Is there a situation at the studio?”

  “Yes there are a lot of situations here, but most importantly why did you quit your job?” Lance asked and her brows arched in confusion.

  “What? No,… no I didn’t. I… I only asked director for some days off and he gave it to me. I didn’t quit my job!”

    “Well that’s not what it looks like here. This morning that slut Angela strode into the studio and took over your changing room. The director announced that you quit your job and so he found a replacement.”

  “No… no I didn’t.” Her voice cracked as a lump built inside her throat.

   “I am sorry girl, we have already shot too many scenes and from the way the director is praising her performance, he wouldn’t like to change her.”

  “Oh... okay. Thanks for letting me know.”

 The phone slid out of her hand and landed on the bed as she sighed. Falling back into the pillows, she groaned in anger. If this were her room, she would have already smashed a few things. But since it wasn’t, she folded herself into a ball and placed her hands between her legs to restrain her for throwing stuff around.

 Angela! She screamed into the pillow. That woman was such a slut. Everyone knew how she gets her movie roles and it frustrated Sydney to hear that the slut got her part. Damn that director too! He didn’t hesitate to give out her part when Angela offered herself to him. Damn both of them!

  Now what would become of her plan to move to the city? She no longer had a job, no place to sleep and no one to lean on. Sighing, she wished someone would just come into her life and save her right now.

        Then, someone did. The door creaked open and he walked in. She bolted to a sitting position and faced him. His golden brown hair caught her attention just as it did before. There were beautiful curls, falling over a pair of electric blue eyes. The man was handsome, tall, well-built and somewhat mysterious.

 “Hello.” He smiled as his eyes lit up.

 “Hi.” She said.

  He remained at the door, as if scared to walk in. She wondered why. “Sorry about everything. But are you okay?” He said and she nodded.

  “Yes, and thank you for saving me last night. I owe you my life.” Sydney said.

  “No. Thank you for saving me.”

 She didn’t get why he said that, because he clearly did the saving last night. Anyway, she didn’t want to push further as she had more pressing issues to think off. Like it was time for her to leave his house, for instance. But where would she go. That was the issue.