Chapter 6

Deathstroke pov

Joker had been locked up in Arkham after he failed to kill Robin, I could feel it. But there was another chance, Sportsmaster and Jade would prove to be a valuable asset in ending his life. They were the true killers of Mary and John Grayson and killing their son would end their family line once and for all. "Sportsmaster, no doubt you are aware that Robin is still alive and with your daughter, but what if I told you that the Grayson were not all dead" Sportsmaster leaned forward in his chair, Jade looking over too. I had piped their interest. "Go on Deathstroke" "I know of Mary and John Graysons son, Richard Grayson, and I know where he is right now, with you daughter Artemis. Robin is Richard Grayson" Sportsmaster looked over at Jade before he looked back at me. "You've got yourself a deal Slade, but remember that once this is over, it's back to business as usual" Nodding, we stand up and shake hands. The deal was set and once Robin was dead, then I could get back to my normal line of work.

Robin pov

I heard beeping as I opened my eyes. A blinding white light filling the room. Blinking while I adjusted, I took the room in, I was in the medical room judging by the colours and design of the room. Over to the side was Kid Flash and Superboy as well as Artemis. Once they noticed I was awake, Kid Flash and Superboy got up and walked over. Both seemed nervous and happy at the same time. "Hey, um Robin, we're sorry about not trusting you and all, but after your latest stunt and stern talk from Batman, you've gained our trust, just be sure not to break it, trust can be hard to repair" Nodding, the two leave the room, closing the door behind them. Artemis though, had not left, she walked over and pulled a chair up. She seemed both nervous and unsettled. Like she wanted to say something. I started the talk by smiling and saying a simple hi. "Hey Robin, are you ok" I nodded my head and almost regretted the pain from my wound shot up as I used my muscles. "Hey, so Manhunter went into your head to bring you back to us, and he well, he found something that I feel ashamed off" Worry was now starting to surface inside me. What was she ashamed off, what was it, did it have to do with her family. "Dick.." She said Dick, Manhunter had told her, and I was neither happy nor angry, just neutral. "The thugs who killed your parents, they were sent by my father, he held a grudge against your family and had managed to kill most of you all off, he failed to account for you though. That made me feel so much better, note the sarcasm. Looking down, I knew it wasn't Artemis' fault that he had ordered it, she had no idea of me at the time. Sportsmaster no doubt knew this by now though. "I understand if your mad with me Robin, just understand that I had no..." "It's ok Artemis, I know its not your fault, you have no control over your father and his actions. You were still young then" With a nod from Artemis, she stops and then debates something. I could tell something was going on in her head. But I too had a debate in my head. Do I tell her my feelings or do I not. "Dick, I want you to know, that even if you don't return my feelings, that I love you" Nodding she prepares to go before I stop her. "Don't go, stay. I could use the company." I pause while she sits back down. "I love you too Artemis. And nothing, not even being close to death can get in the way of that" She smiles and we stare at each other for a few minutes. We must've lost track of time because when we broke eye contact, it was almost time for her to head back to her room, or more so, her home in Gotham. I watched as she gave a smile and left the room. Then Aqualad walked in. "How are you holding Robin" "I'm holding up fine, how's the team doing" "Apart from you, everyone's holding out just well, what did you and Artemis talk about" "Aqualad, if I wanted you to know, I would tell you, but it stays between me, Artemis, Batman, Manhunter and Black Canary" I understand Robin, you are allowed to have secrets, but remember, secrets don't stay secret forever" With a nod, Aqualad leaves the room, I look up at the ceiling. I had been like this before with Slade, and I hated it, but I had grown to use this time to reflect over life and what I had done. I was proud of how far I had come, my parents would be proud.

Sportsmaster pov

We had to deal with the last Grayson and I had just the plan to do it. We would ambush him when he was out on a mission next, and hopefully we could then convert Artemis back over to our side of things. "Jade, is the call ready" "Yeah, we should wait till tomorrow though to send it, it'll be grand. The team will split up and we'll ambush them, with a group of assassins at our command, it'll be the grandest kill ever." "Agreed Jade, but remember that Artemis lives"

Batman pov

The team had gathered in the main chamber, Artemis and Robin both closer to each other, Zatara had worked his magic to heal Robin and we were now ready. "Team, we have a report that the League of Shadows has attacked Blud'haven, Gotham City and Metropolis. With the League being called out to attend to a more world threating threat, you will be going in in teams. Artemis and Robin will be going to Gotham, Aqualad and Kid Flash will be heading to Blud'haven while Superboy and Miss Martian will head to Metropolis. Remember that the league does not have time for jokes, and will do their best to kill you" With nods from the team, I watch as they enter the zeta tube, two by two.

Robin pov

Gotham City, I wonder who would be responsible for leading this attack, Slade and Kevin have no love for the League, Kevin never did and Slade has no love since the was replaced. As Artemis and I walked along, I couldn't shake the feeling that we were being watch, it was almost as if we had been sent a fake video just to draw us out. Then it hit me, literally hit, I fell forward as Artemis drew her bow and let loose a barrage of arrows at our attacker. Getting up and turning to face the attacker, I noticed that we were surrounded but assassins, and before us were none other then Sportsmaster and Jade. "We have a grudge to pick with you Dick" Dammit, Slade told them, I knew he wouldn't hold long with it around Sportsmaster or the League of Shadows. Preparing for a fight, I threw several birdarangs out and jumped up as an assassin attempted to strike me down. Landing on top of the assassin, I was thrown back by the force of Sportsmasters' punch. Gritting my teeth as I got up, I smirked and let a small chuckle loose before I ran forward. No way was I going down today, no way was I going to be taken down, no way. "Your good Robin, but you can't hold out forever" I smirked as a dodged his fist and sent him stepping back. I was more then ready to take him on and if you don't know, I had spent my time studying him when we worked together a few years back. But I did hold a grudge against him. "You fight as if it were one sided, you should know that I've won all my battles" I laughed it off and run forward, unprepared for his next attack. Smash. I groaned as I got up and look over at Sportsmaster, he ad given us a pounding, but I guess the only way to get out of this was to fake my death perhaps, or grab Artemis and run, I had friends who could help us, but I had the feeling they wouldn't be happy to so I decided to run, sliding under Sportsmaster, I pick up Artemis and jump off the building to the street below. Landing on my feet, I could see the assassins following behind. Running, Artemis looks up. "Why are we running" "We're not going to win that battle alone, but I have an idea, get the team on the comm and tell them to meet us at the zeta tube" Artemis follows my order and they acknowledge. Making sure that they were still following, I stop before the zeta tube and wait as the team arrive and hid in the shadows. Standing ready, Sportsmaster, Jade and the assassins stop before they surround us again. "You think you can run Robin" Smiling, he notices something is off. "He's not running from you, he's leading you into an ambush" Aqualad walks out with the rest of the team. Sportsmaster looks around and then looks back at me. "Well played but didn't Slade teach you. Assassins always get their attack in first" "Yeah, that's why I know how to beat you already" Sportsmaster rushes me in anger, perfect, I sidestep his attack and then trip him, I knew how to take him down thanks to the rooftop brawl and now I was ready to bring him down fully. As I dodged his next strike. I bend down and swipe out his legs from under him, tripping him over and then jumping on tip of him, I place cuffs over his hands. Jade on the other hand steps into the shadows and vanishes when she notices the battle is lost. pushing Sportsmaster forward. The GCPD arrive and take him into custody. With my the murder of my parents now behind bars, I could finally get to work and ending Slade and Kevin before moving on to their benefactors, the mysterious light and their allies...