Chapter 12

!Warning, death and destruction ahead!

Nightwing pov

It had been 2 years since I faced Kevin in battle and I could still feel a little pain from that battle every now and then. Artemis and I had become much closer over that time such as moving into a house together while operating as the teams duo-factor leaders since Aqualad had joined the League. And with many more team members having joined, we had already become done much to this Light. But their partners, we had little to no information on, all we knew was that their were alien and were not the kind we wanted. But with that aside, a new threat had appeared on Earth. An alien that literal lived for battle, it was all about the rage, the battle according to Martian Manhunter. The team had kept their distance so far and had seen so much destroyed. Then, then that thing landed in Happy Harbour. "We need to get those people out of here now" The teams nodded before running off. I looked at Superboy and the other heavy hitters before he went out to engage this thing.

We found it crushing Red Tornado under its foot when we arrived. Zatanna was on the ground, out cold with Rocket by Aqualads side. "Holy. That thing really does pack a punch. Be careful, we don't know what that thing is truly capable of yet" Superboy ran forward, his anger much higher then normal at the thing which turned and threw one punch before he went flying back "Beetle, Bumblebee, Miss Martian, Beast Boy, move in and take him on together" Watching as the team moves in, I check to make sure Superboy is ok before I move in to help them. Jumping to the side as a car is flung forward, I get a clear look at what it is. Grey skin, spikes and green pants. It's red eyes and bone like build gave it the alien and death presence and it was looking at me. Noticing, I jumped to the side as it came down upon where I was once standing, it gave a growl before it turned and was sent flying by Miss Martian. Getting up, I notice several cars come flying forward before Miss Martian is hit by one, Beetle comes over but he fares little better. Beast Boy and Bumblebee come in but fare any better then Beetle, Superboy or Miss Martian did. I watch as the creature walks forward, his boots causing the ground to shake and crack with step it took. Then, an arrow comes from behind me, hitting the creature in the eye before exploding. Running back, I stand next to Artemis and look on as the smoke clears. "You think that got it" "Considering how the team has fared poorly against this thing, I highly doubt it would do anything against it" And I was correct, it walked out of the smoke, with little to nor harm or damage done to it. Knowing better then to fight something that's out of our league, Artemis and I start to unload all we had, every Birdarang and arrow we had was unloaded into that thing and it was doing little to nothing against it. It seemed to only make it even angrier at us then it was before. As I threw my last Birdarang and Artemis used her last arrow. We looked at each other before we turned and ran like hell. We knew it was right behind us thanks to the large amount of shaking and noise it was making behind us. As we came to the main street, the rest of the team looked over and we stopped by them. Turning to face the creature, it came to a walk and looked at us, its eyes glowing redder then before. It roared before we dived out of the way as it fired lasers from its eyes. Obliterating anything in their path. "Well, that's new" Artemis nodded before we got up and I was sent flying back by a swipe from its arm. Groaning in pain, my heart started to race as it raised its arms. I closed my eyes, ready for the sound of the ground smashing and a scream but it never came. I opened one eye and then both as I saw Superman pushing the creature back. I let loose a sigh of relief before I groaned in pain and clenched my teeth. That thing had given us a pounding and we were in for more. But I was in no condition to go on at the moment.

Superman pov

This creature, it was unlike anything I had ever seen or battled before and it, it was different, it seemed to be after one thing and one thing only, death, destruction, war and battle. It was rage and that was not going to happen here today. Not at all. Using my super strength, I send the creature flying back before hovering over the sight his impact. He had taken little to no damage but he did seem to be wearing down. Using my heat vision, I sent him flying back some more before I came down and met the creature in one on one combat. The shockwaves each blow released was enough to shatter a building and it happened every time our fists connected. I was not going to let this thing take down this world or many more, I would not, never in my life. Lifting up I took the creature up into the air where we started to trade blows. Each time, one of us went up further. Soon we had reached space and I gave one mighty punch, sending the creature down into the atmosphere. Flying back down after him, I noticed that I was getting weaker and that I was slowing down. I was breathing harder then before. Coming down, I connected my hands with the creature before we came crashing down into the ground, the creatures neck snapping while I felt something sharp in my chest. Looking down, I saw the creature had stabbed me. How I did not know, but all I knew was that this creature was a doomsday and it was my match.

Nightwing pov

A large shockwave knocked us off our feet, I had just gotten back on mine when the shockwave came around. Looking over, we saw a large cloud of dust and we ran. Once we reached the edge. The sight that greeted us was not pleasant. The creatures neck was snapped. But it had managed to stab Superman. Superboy ran right over to him before pulling him of the spike and bring his head up onto his knees. Walking over, the team and the League arrived to see the devastation. Superman sad somethings to Superboy before he closed his eyes and his body went limp. Superman had just died. That creature was a doomsday and it killed Superman, how that's possible, I have no idea, but it happened and now we have to deal with the aftermath.

Artemis and I had gathered with the Batfamily. Even Jason was showing emotion at this. We had gathered in the lounge where we had been sitting, I had bandages on me all over the place, Artemis was next to me, she little bandages but Bruce and I had taken the most from it. Bruce had a broken left arm for crying our loud and I, I was certain I had some broken bones but Alfred said otherwise. The world was in a state of shock. With Superman dead, no one knew what to do. We were all sitting around, waiting for the villains to strike and they never did. The Lights partner had done nothing either in this time. It seemed that this event must have reached them too and it must've shocked them to the very core. But we needed time to recover and in that time, we might be able to discover who unleashed this Doomsday on our world. But in time, we would discover who did it. But right now, this was how our light fell. This was how the light in hearts had died. The death of Superman had caused this rift and now our light had fallen to nothing but darkness. This was our darkest hour and we had no symbol of hope to light it up with....

Should I do a sequel to this? Well, this is the end of the story. And what did you think? If you teared up, then I did warn you at the start. Till next time. Never give in to your emotions.