Chapter Twenty-Nine - 'The Last Leg'

Chapter Twenty-Nine – ‘The Last Leg’

They left Toronto exhausted, the trip to Sydney was going to be a long one, instead of taking the shorter trip, and they were flying over England, stopping briefly in Hong Kong before continuing on to Australia. This time they were travelling altogether in a private jet. There was lots of laughter and games being played while aboard the plane.

Everyone was in high spirits, despite the fact that tour was almost over, they were all very excited to travel to yet another place. Elena and Lacey especially had never been to Australia before and were excited for what new adventures they’d have.

Lacey woke to Jack nudging her awake, she pulled bits of hair out of her mouth and checked to make sure that she hadn’t drooled in her sleep. It was bright and sunny when they arrived in Sydney, they’d been travelling for more time than she cared to admit and she desperately wanted to have a shower and freshen up. Fortunately, they would be staying in a hotel at Sydney; there was no point in having a tour bus for anything other than driving them to Melbourne later as they were only in Sydney for three nights. Lacey admitted to herself that she’d rather miss the tour buses as she’d grown rather fond of her own but she was overjoyed to be able to use proper facilities again.

Though it was only early morning, the group went straight to the concert hall, mostly so they could see the work that had already been done by the crew team but also so they could practice a couple of new pieces and do all the necessary sound checks. Jenny was called away to work on the final adjustments of the boys wardrobe, so Lacey and Elena were pretty much left to their own devices.

They managed to persuade Steve that they were capable of heading to the hotel alone – though Steve only let them go when he got them to agree to have another member of the security team go with them. The hotel suites were everything you’d expect to be given to a famous person but Lacey spent little time appreciating her surroundings and more time finding the nearest shower to jump into.

Elena and Lacey decided not to go to the first concert and opted to stay at the hotel. They doubted anyone had realised but this hotel also had a fully functional spa and the two girls spent two wonderful hours being pampered in such a way that made them come out glowing and with smiles upon their faces. Then it was back to the room for some room service and movies. The girls were overjoyed to see ‘mac and cheese’ on the menu, they’d been missing English food for a while now and positively squealed with delight when ordering mac and cheese over the phone.

Two films later and a couple of empty plates of food found Lacey and Elena asleep next to each other. It was lucky that they weren’t sharing rooms with the boys for they would have been woken up. As luck would have it, Jenny was the only one to return to their room, though upon seeing the two girls, she did snap a couple of pictures. No doubt she’d be using them for blackmail later.

The following morning Lacey woke up with a groan, her whole body felt rather stiff and her back clicked when she stretched. She soon found out what the problem was when she realised that she’d fallen asleep on the sofa with Elena. Nudging the other girl awake she laughed when she received a very grumpy response from Elena.

Lacey left her two it and began getting ready for the day; she knew they were visiting a zoo today because apparently the boys couldn’t survive a trip to Australia without seeing a kangaroo. Lacey didn’t understand this as the boys had been to Australia before but she learnt from Steve that last time he hadn’t trusted them to go anywhere near a zoo, however this time with the girl’s presence, he was hoping that they’d be better behaved.