Chapter Four - 'The Night Before Tour'

Chapter Four – ‘The Night Before Tour’

Lacey sighed to herself as she looked into the mirror for what had to be the sixth time. She really didn’t want to go to this ball, even though Jenny had transformed her into a Princess. Lacey had learnt when Jenny had come over to help her get ready, that the bubbly stylist didn’t like being called Jennifer and only readily allowed Ian Wasp to call her that. Anyone else tended to get punished.

Lacey had been reluctant when Jenny had produced the stunning green dress. She’d been thinking that the green dress with a red haired girl was a typical stereotype. Even so, she couldn’t deny that the dress was gorgeous, it was made of the softest satin, it seemed to hug her figure in a way that made her hips smaller instead of larger and fell from her bust to her feet.

Jenny had made her wear silver heels and had been delighted when Lacey had admitted her own high heel obsession. The heels had been teamed with a silver sparkly clutch bag and accessories. Jenny had arranged her hair in a half up, half down do. A couple of curls were set to frame her face and Jenny had made sure to use minimal make-up on Lacey as she wanted to enhance Lacey’s natural beauty and not hide it.

Jack, Silas and Bradley had been extra nice to her since the photo shoot. Lacey supposed that Jenny had told them what had happened. She was quite graceful as it distracted her from the silence she was getting from Oliver. She knew she shouldn’t feel hurt like she did and she hated how she didn’t understand why she felt so affected by his actions.

“Wow you look beautiful” said Jack as he entered the room.

Doesn’t she just” said Jenny grinning from ear to ear.

“Thank you” said Lacey sincerely.

“It was nothing, I enjoyed it. Just make sure you have fun tonight” said Jenny pointedly.

Lacey nodded in her direction.

“Don’t worry we’ll make sure she has lots of fun” said Silas as he entered the room, struggling with his tie.

Jenny took pity on him and moved to help him.

“Thanks Jenny” he said while winking.

Used to his flirting, Jenny merely shook her head and walked away.

Lacey giggled to herself, the reactions between Jenny and the boys was so natural. It was clear they felt relaxed around her and like they didn’t have to pretend when they were around her. Lacey thought it was good that they had some down time to be themselves in.

Lacey couldn’t remember what the ball was in aid of, something that the boys were involved in anyhow. Lacey only knew that the ball was in part an introduction to her of celebrity life and a chance for the boys to introduce her as the winner. Because of this, Lacey had to ride in a separate car, something about adding to the suspense of who she was.

There were three things Lacey was glad for this evening; firstly that Ian Wasp would be in attendance, secondly that girlfriend’s weren’t invited so she didn’t have to worry about Monica and thirdly that Jack was to be the one to escort her in. She wasn’t expecting the red carpet that greeted her upon arrival, or the blinding flashing lights of the paparazzi. Luckily Jack was there to catch her as she faltered and Jenny ad given her a crash course on how to pose for photographs. They must have been there for at least ten minutes new. Lacey’s eyes were starting to hurt and the smile on her face was getting faker and faker but the paparazzi were insistent on getting more pictures of her and the boys. They even knew her name, which was a little disconcerting. Finally Steve was able to get them inside and Lacey sighed along with the boys in relief.