04

We texted that night, and if I was being honest, I didn't even know where the root of the conversation was.

He didn't do the usual "So, tell me about yourself" type of conversation.

He did the "Your eyes bring a light to my dark soul" type of conversation.

I didn't mind either of them though, surprisingly.

I did find out that he's not originally from here, he's from Florida. I love vacationing in Florida, I get excited just to get driven in Florida because there are no potholes.

But he explained to me that where he came up wasn't the vacationing type of area. He didn't specify but I understood.

This boy lived in the ghetto, that's exactly what he meant.

I woke up the next morning without my phone on the charger, dead and about to fall out of my right hand.

I plugged my phone in and got up, stretching and leaving my room to use the bathroom.

While taking my morning shower, feeling the warm water pelt my skin, I thought about what to do with my life. Of course, I had aspirations that I wanted to achieve, but those dreams seemed impossible to grasp.

I stepped out of the shower and dried my skin, going back to my room and toning my skin. I slipped on my undergarments and ripped jeans and laid down on my stomach, unlocking my phone.

I couldn't read the three unread messages from that boy from last night because Cj was face timing me.

"What do you want, bitch?" I said playfully.

"That's not how you greet daddy." He said, screwing up his face, looking at the camera.

"We're not doing this today." I said.

I get so aggravated with him when it comes to the friendship boundaries. Mainly because I have no male friends just because of that. Any male I try to keep a platonic relationship with, they always tried to cross that line.

He laughed off the situation and asked me what my plans were for today. I told him I had nothing planned except for my Family reunion which started at 6 today.

"If its Saturday, shouldn't the reunion last all day?" He questioned.

"Let's not forget, West Indian people like partying, why have it so early?" I said, him agreeing with me.

He told me he was going to pick me up, so I slid on a Nike shirt, my prestos, and grabbed my bag. I walked down the stairs and said bye to my father, telling him I'll be back by 4.

I opened up the passenger seat of Cj's car and sat down, closing the door behind me.

"Wassup?" I said, putting on my seatbelt.

We had a normal conversation, mostly consisting of the party and him trying to figure out why I quit my job.

"I told you, the manager of the bar was creepy." I chuckled, knowing that had nothing to do with the reason why I quit. I looked down at my phone to avoid any lengthening of the topic, seeing another message from that boy

Jahseh 😏
We dont text bck now ?

I completely forgot that I left him on unread, I texted back saying I fell asleep on him and that I woke up late.

I guess it seemed suspicious of me looking at my phone such much, so Cj started getting curious.

"Um, who are you texting?" He said, turning into his driveway.

"No one," I said, about to lock my phone, but he snatched it.

"The weirdo boy from the party? You must have lost your dome." He said in disgust. I snatched the phone back and told him to mind his business.