CONNECTING WITH OUR HIGHER SELF

WEEK1: DISCOVER YOUR HIGHER SELF

In this next section we will be learn how to connect with our Higher Selves. Our higher selves are called by different names. Some prefer to call our higher selves our unique spirit, our inner spirit or our souls. We will use the term higher self though it is completely up to you which name you feel most comfortable using. This section will help you to discover your higher self and to connect with your higher self on a deeper level. Every living thing has a higher self - plants, animals, humans etc. We will first look at discovering your own higher self before moving on to recognize higher selves of your loved ones, pets and plants.

Recognizing and connecting with your higher self is an important step to take before you can begin to recognize the presence of your spirit guides and angels. It will help you to find out who you are and help you to see others in a different light. It will also help you to easily see energy that surrounds us all.

Our higher selves offer us guidance and sound advice in our every day lives. Our higher selves only want the best for us and know the best course of action to take for any given situation. Our higher self is the part of ourselves that is good, compassionate, caring, empathic, sensitive, loyal and the part of us that does not judge others, does not feel afraid or negative. Our higher selves vibrate at such a greater level. Our higher selves are the part of us that helps us to easily and readily connect with our guides and angels as it vibrates at a similar vibration to our guides.

As you grow spiritually you will embark on a wonderful journey where you learn to love yourself and others, the planet and all that is around you. You will re-discover yourself. You take an enormous leap forward in your spiritual growth by contacting your Higher Self and discovering who you truly are.

(I found that once I started to connect more with my Higher Self I would find that I felt completely different within. I felt at peace and felt calm and collected. I found that I could communicate well with others and my relationships improved dramatically - as I was more aware of others, their feelings and needs. My intuition was heightened and I began to open up more to the spiritual and angelic realms.

I began to see, hear and feel my guides and angels more readily which is a beautiful experience.)

Words from Sonia Choquette's book, "Ask your Guides".....

"Although we all share the same eternal breath of life, it manifests differently in each of us. Your spirit has its own presence - a unique vibration that's totally distinct from your personality (which, to a large degree, is formed as a defensive shield around your spirit.) The best way to connect with your own spirit is to start recognizing what makes you come alive."

Recognizing Your Higher Self

What is your higher self like? Try to explore and see what your higher self is like. Is your higher self shy and quite? Is it proud? Does your higher self come alive with music or art - musical and arty? Is your higher self fussy or friendly? What make's you tick and make's you the person you are?

Once we learn to take a good look at ourselves and learn what makes us feel complete and whole, what feeds our spirits and brings us contentment, and once we learn to like ourselves more, only then can we begin to learn to see our spirit guides and angels.

(When I first did this lesson I can remember thinking to myself, "Is this necessary? Why do I have to do this and why can't I just get on with meeting my guides and angels? I did do the lesson though and was very glad that I did.

If we do not like ourselves, know who we are, or are feeling in a negative place - then it is much harder to begin to see, hear and feel, as well as connect with our spirit guides and angels. We are subconsciously putting up a block which is stopping us from moving forward on our spiritual path.)